Friday, 13 July 2012

So despite all my best intentions I have been incredibly slack at keeping up-to-date with my blog but I promise I will try and change this.  My work hours have become more structured, I am trying to prioritise things and time for myself is one of those things that time needs to be found for!

The last three years have been an emotional turmoil, my marriage broke down and I have desperately been trying to hold thing together for the children whilst living on the other side of the world from my main support network - family.  We have got through though, the children have come good and are settling in to their new way of life, my ex and I have managed to build a positive relationship for the children's sake and it is soooo good for them, it saddens me so much when I see children used and manipulated for their parents gain, how can they truly love them?  I have moved on and found a fantastic man who makes me very happy (most of the time!) and most importantly the boys like him and respect him, my ex is in a new relationship with a lovely person who is working really hard to make a place for three boisterous boys in her world - no mean task if you are used to having just one child who is a girl!!!  There is still so much to sort out and a lot of things will change but we will survive!!!

A positive side to life is I am beginning to enjoy crafting again, there was a time when it became a chore, I only worked to prepare for classes and not for fun. 

The card I am going to share with you today is one I put together for a class.  This class is one where we use punches either for their actual purpose and then some alternative uses.  This card uses the Christmas Ornament punch as a fish body.  I have seem many samples of this on the internet and this is my take on it!

I made two samples so those in the class could choose which one to make as not everyone wants kissing fish and love heart bubbles!!!

In the Circle Circus stamp set there is a 'bubble' looking stamp which was perfect for going round the edge of the card base, in the same colour ink as the card, to give a watery background.



Card Recipe.... Stamps: Circle Circus,  Inspired by Nature, Delightful Decorations Card: Marina Mist, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black Ink: Marina Mist, Always Artichoke Accessories: Polka Dot embossing folder, marina mist satin ribbon, Ornament Punch, 2-Step Owl Punch (for eyes and hearts), Five petal flower punch (for fins and tail)

2 comments:

Mae Collins said...

These are so cute Lynda and it is great to seeing you blogging again and of course finding time for yourself and having fun with your craft. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations soon.

Stamp Happy Jackie said...

Hi Lynda
Love these cards, I wish we had a stamp set with the grass reeds you used they look great.
Love
Jackie