Wednesday, 18 May 2011

A constructive day!

Today I indulged myself, for the first time in almost a year, perhaps longer I spent the day in the craft room. The reality is when you have little ones to pick up from school and the 'must do' jobs at home the day is pretty short, nonetheless I had fun!

The first card I made was created by me, exclusively with no inspiration from elsewhere - that doesn't happen often, the other cards I made today were based on ones from the current Idea Book and Catalogue.

I thought of this card as I had the Button, Button stamp set from the new mini catalogue and I had not used it yet, I also had the black and white striped grosgrain ribbon which I had also not used yet.

I made the 'buttons' by embossing black on white and white on black and then adhering five pieces of punched card on top of each other in alternating black and white. One they were stuck together I sanded the edges and then punched button holes in them.

Yes it was rather labour intensive but strangely therapeutic I guess this is quite a masculine card which was evident when it was picked out by a male of the species this evening as being a card he liked very much!




Card Recipe...

Stamps: Buttons Buttons,
Card: Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks:
Versamark
Accessories : Black & White Embossing powders, embossing buddy, heat gun, Signo Gel Pen, 1/16" circle punch, 1" and 3/4"circle punches, Stampin' Dimensionals, Striped grosgrain ribbon, Top Note Die & Bigshot



Card Recipe...

Stamps: Just Believe, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Card: Crumb Cake
Inks:
Early Espresso, Crumb Cake
Accessories : Mat pack, Paper Piercer, Pear Pizazz Poly Stitched Ribbon,Basic Pearls & Rhinestones! Boho Blossoms Punch




Card Recipe...

Stamps: Priceless
Card: Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Marina Mist
Inks:
Daffodil Delight
Accessories : Beautiful Wings Embosslit & Bigshot, Boho Blossoms Punch, Basic Pearls, Elegent Soiree DSP, Mat Pack & Paper Piercer


Card Recipe...

Stamps: Classic Stars Jumbo Wheel
Card: Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight, Melon mambo
Inks:
Pretty in Pink, Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight, Melon mambo
Accessories : Large & Small Star Punches, Word Window Punch, BDAY Party Rub-ons, Basic Rhinestones, Stampin' Dimensionals

4 comments:

Zoƫ said...

You've been busy and what a wonderful display of beautiful cards for all your effort. I love the buttons in monochrome. Zx

Crafty Squirrel said...

I love the buttons one Lynda, absolutely fab. Didn't want this stamp set but oohh, hae to rethink me thinks.

Susan Hogan said...

These are lovely Lynda! Love the buttons! Congrats on winning the award for MC as well!!!

Stamp Happy Jackie said...

Hi Lynda
It is so so good to see you blogging again, and what wonderful cards, I love them all.
Love Jackie xx