Saturday, 10 April 2010

Bit 'n' Pieces

Every month there is a Christmas Club at my home. A group of ladies come along and they make some things to get ready for Christmas at the end of the year. I do one project with them and they make two of them and then Claire does another project with them. So at the end of the evening they get to take at least two things way and more often than not four things!

As we have just go the Bigshot I thought the project I do should reflect this so I decided to use the Pillow Box Die. Each person got to make two boxes, one as in the picture below and the other one was red, it had an oval acetate window cut in to it and the whole thing was embossed with polka dots by the Polka Dot embossing folder. I can't show you a picture of that one as I had two, one I gave to Claire and the other I had to give to one of my ladies as one of my dogs stole hers out of her bag and ate it!!!


Project Recipe...

Stamps: Cute & Curly, Snow Swirled
Card: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Ruby Red, Holiday Treasures DSP
Inks: Ruby Red, Old Olive
, Baja Breeze
Accessories : Curly Label Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip


Also every month there is a Technique Junkie Club. Each week the ladies learn two new crafting techniques, they get to make a sample which they can stick in their books along with instructions and they get to make a card for each of the techniques.

This was one I made a couple of months back. It was stamping and embossing on to Vellum card and creating a stained glass effect by colouring in directly with markers.



Project Recipe...

Stamps: Always, Short & Sweet
Card: Regal Rose, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, Vellum Card
Inks:
Versamark, Always Artichoke plus Always Artichoke & Regal Rose markers
Accessories : Black EP, Heat Gun, Grosgrain Ribbon


This final card is made using one of the single stamps available in the new mini. The stamp is wood mounted and called 'All a Flutter". I used watercolour wonder crayons to blend the colours, I just used blue and yellow and when they blended you get the green.


Project Recipe...

Stamps: All a Flutter, Flutterby, Cottage Garden
Card: Not Quite Navy, Whisper White, Summer Sun, Old Olive
Inks:
Black Stazon, Not Quite Navy
Accessories : Stampin' Dimensionals, Wide Oval Punch, Cutter Kit

5 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Love the butterflies like that Lynda - they look lovely! I willbe casing that one I think. Also like the idea of the stained glass using vellum. Mmmmm, I can feel a Christmas idea coming on! I think I can guess which dog ate the pillowbox - small black one?

Lynda Moss said...

Actually it was the slightly larger black and white one, she can be very naughty at times although has been so good of late so I was surprised!

Now if it were food it would almost definitely be the little black one, a definite case of eat first then consider what it was!

Stamp Happy Jackie said...

Hi Lynda, Its just great to see you back in action, everything you make is just brilliant and wow I just love the note card box.. amazing. missed you love to the boys xx
Love Jackie

Claire Harrison said...

Hi Lynda. Hope you will accept a beautiful blogger award from me - deets on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration!

Susan Hogan said...

Linda, Claire gave me a Sunshine Award for my blog, but I think you deserve one as well! So here it is! Check out my blogt spot for it!