Thursday, 6 August 2009

One of Kind or Playful Petals and more...

Another post, two in one day - my word!!!

Well I was looking through some of my fave blogs and came across this lovely fresh and very simple card by Kate Lewis (Yours Truly)

I decided to have a go at recreating it, she has written that she used the stamp set One of kind so I dutifully got it out and started stamping and colouring and realised in fact that is not what she used but instead she had used Playful Petals. it was at that point that I realise that apart from the inside bit the stamps from both sets are exactly the same shape and size - well wouldn't you know! All we need now is for SU! to bring out a punch that fits.

So what have I changed from hers? Not much really! The text as the one she used is now retired here in Aus but I have to say I am pleased to have been reminded to use this lovely sentiment! I have also changed the colouring on the flower, everything else is the same. I might add here that on a card that has lots of layers on it I tend to have it hinging out from the left as it stands up better, I find with Tent fold cards (hinged from the top) if there are lots of layers they keep falling flat so I end up have to make a tab to lock them in place.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Playful Petals, Wonderful Favourites
Card: Whisper White, Tempting Turquise
Inks: Stazon Black

Accessories : White gel pen, dimensionals, brads, corner rounder punch


This card is just one single layer. I was browsing the other day through the web, as one does, and came across this very simple mosaic stamp. you basically stamp iit on to your card and then use each section and some masking. I don;t possess that stamp but decided to recreating just by drawing lines with a marker and ruler (in hindsight I should have used a brown marker not a black one for this project!).

The design needs some work, it isn;t a very well thought out mosaic but the idea is there! using post it notes as masks I decided which rectangle was going to eb thr top one and worked on that and then worked downwards from that point. I should have used my SAMJ to get various stamps straight - specifically the main sentiment!!! Next time........

Card Recipe..

Stamps: En Francais, Dreams du Jour
Card: Very Vanilla
Inks: Creamy caramel, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss

Accessories : black marker, ruler, Post-It notes

ps

just found the stamp I saw here,
it is in the US so will have to wait until I have spare pennies to purchase, in teh mean time perhaps I will have to keep drawing my lines!

1 comment:

Kate Lewis said...

Ooops!! Sorry Lynda - I think I was in a hurry when I was posting the card, looked at the flower and thought it was the One Of A Kind one - never realised how similar they were. Hope I didn't confuse you too much lol!

Love your mosaic card -what a fab idea, I think the design is great!! K x