Thursday, 6 August 2009

Inspiring...

There are so many fantastic card makers out there, I call myself a 'crafter' and consider myself competent but some people are more than just crafters they are artists as well. One of my son's, friend's mum makes the most beautiful cards, they are simple but are of drawings she has just whipped up and watercoloured - they are stunning - she is an artist.

Another artist I really admire is Michelle Zindorf. In the card making world she is right up there at the top! I subscribe to her email updates and this morning I received one which had a card that I loved and I even had the stamps to recreate it. At this point I looked at the housework and thought - nah! No doubt my husband will moan that I am spending too much time on my 'hobby' but today that is what I am going to do!!!

So this card has been made following Michelle's fantastic tutorial. Obviously it is not as good as hers, as bright as hers and certainly not photographed as well as hers but it is inspired by her nonetheless...lol


Card Recipe..

Stamps: Inspired by Nature and Garden Whimsy
Card Stock: Whisper White, Perfect Plum
Inks:
Lots! Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, Really Rust, Apricot Appeal, Versmark
Accessories : Prismacolours, brads, grosgrain, clear EP, sponges, brayer,

This next card is one I made eons ago and I am not sure if I ever did post it or not! the layout was inspired by a card I made before which was inspired by one made by Joanne from mainly Flowers. The technique used to colour the flower and leaves in is called Re-inker Splash I think! Basically they were stamped with Versmark on watercolour paper and embossed with white EP, Each image was then flooded with water and drops of re-inkers were added with an aquapainter and played around with until the desired effect was achieved. The images were then left to dry completely (took some time!) and then cut out.



Card Recipe..

Stamps: Playful Petals
Card Stock: Mellow Moss, Pale Plum
Inks:
Pale Plum, Perfect Plum, Bashful Blue
Accessories : White EP, Heat Tool, Watercolour paper, Aquapainter, Mat Pack, White Signo Gel Pen, Grosgrain, Eyelet Border Punch

2 comments:

Ann Wills said...

Wow Lynda, from so little to so much, it is all lovely, you are making me quite lazy at present, specially love the daisy one, really hope we get it this year. I dream I could use a brayer like that?????

Lynda Moss said...

Thank you! I have to say my brayering did not come out as Michelle's brayering does, I had to use a sponge to 'edit' it somewhat!

I only managed to achieve so much as I took a 'day off' today, at least for a few hours. Although I had to work very hard and fast after school to get the house in some kind of order!