Thursday, 13 August 2009

A Challenge...

Well I am sitting here waiting for the vets to call, it is crucial to know whether our little puppy was able to drink the water and eat the food without it causing her any form of upset so to keep myself occupied I shall post a picture of a card I made this morning.

I received the Weekly Inkling from SCS and the tutorial this week was a recessed window card. I decided to give it a go and came up with the card below.

I used some DSP I had just previously admired but never used any of it - I am on a mission to use my DSPs more as I cannot keep stashing it! I also inked one of my most favourite stamp sets for the first time, Upsy Daisy - I am shocked as this was on my Top 3 sets of stamps I wanted when our current catalogue was released and I got it straight away but I just haven't got round to using it- how bad is that?!

I went for a relatively masculine colour scheme, you can get away with flowers on a card for a man if the colour choice is acceptable....lol

I am not sure that this picture really shows the dimension of the card, the pale square in the middle along with the stamped image is actually recessed about 7mm in. I'll try and take another picture tomorrow to highlight it a little more.


Card Recipe..

Stamps: Upsy Daisy
Card: Basic Gray
Inks: Basic Gray

Accessories : Boho Blossoms & 5 Petal Flower punches, Clear rhinestone brads, semi-pearls from Pretties kit, Urban Garden DSP, Taffeta ribbon

No comments: