Monday, 20 July 2009

Snow Swirled...

I bought this stamp set relatively recently as I thought it had so much potential although when it arrived I just wasn't in the frame of mind to do anything with it, in fact it took me almost a a week to even mount it.

Eventually I did assemble the stamps but my MoJo was still lost so I scoured the Internet and found some gorgeous cards made from it and I cased them! So all the next cards are not designed by me, there are small changes but basically they are copied! I don't know who they all belong too so I shall give credit as much as I can!

This first one is very eye catching, the original card used a snowflake dry embossed background but I don't have that one so I used a swirly one as that suits the style of this set very well! I used the Big Shot to emboss the card.

I showed this card to the Christmas Club ladies and they all loved it so we will have a go at making this one next time round. I made three of them with different coloured glitters. The one above is obviously red, I made another one the same using the snowflakes from the set to decorate the background and blue glitter and the third one I made I decided to change the layout slightly and use orange glitter, I also used the So Swirly jumbo wheel for the background!

The original card was designed by InkyPaws.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Snow Swirled, So Swirly Jumbo Wheel
Card Stock: Kraft, Whisper White,
Inks: Versamark, Whisper White, Sahara Sand
Accessories : White EP, tombow adhesive, Super Nova glitters, Dimensionals, White taffeta ribbon

Now this one is designed by Janette Olen, she used DSP at the top which at this point I don't have so I used the small snowflake from the set.


Card Recipe..

Stamps: Snow Swirled,
Card Stock: Red Riding Hood Red, Whisper White
Inks: Red Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze,
Accessories : Baja Breeze DSP, 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" square punches, scallop edge punch, Dimensionals, White taffeta ribbon

This card was designed by the person, or from the website 'Creative Daze'

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Snow Swirled,
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Bashful Blue, Whisper White
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Accessories : mat pack, Eyelet Edge punch, Markers, Chocolate Chip ribbon.

This one is just beautiful, I am not sure what colour the original designer used and I am not sure who the original designer was, but hers was just stunning. I used last years In Color, Purely Pomegranate, to make this one. It shows how well this set works with Baroque Motifs, another one of my favourite sets.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Snow Swirled, baroque Motifs
Card Stock: Purely Pomegranate, Whisper White
Inks: Versamark, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Gray
Accessories : White EP, White Taffeta ribbon

This one was designed originally by Rhonda Griffin. I love this one, I didn't have the same sentiment stamp as her but I love this one, in fact even more than the one she used.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Snow Swirled, Occasional Greetings
Card Stock: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss
Inks: Versamark, Purely Pomegranate, Basic Gray
Accessories : White EP, White Taffeta ribbon

I am not sure who designed this card the first time, in the name of the file it says the name 'Sears'. I made this card in this colour way and in pink, my addition was glitter as I felt it needed lifting it a little.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Snow Swirled
Card Stock: Lavender Lace, Whisper White, Basic Black
Inks: Black Stazon, Lavender Lace
Accessories : Sponge Daubers, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-Way Glue pen

3 comments:

Mae Collins said...

These cards are great Lynda, and it is ok to get inspiration from others, especially when your mojo has gone! I thought you had gone AWOL and I missed seeing updates on your blog, glad to see what you made.

Lynda Moss said...

Thanks Mae, i hope my mojo returns soon. Perhaps I ought to look at some challenges as they often make me think. I ahve too many uninked stamps, I need to work harder!

Ann Wills said...

to see you back, you have been missed. The cards are great, that is what crafting is all about, using each other for inspiration.