Wednesday, 22 July 2009

More Snow Swirled...

I decided to have a go at a demonstrator challenge on SCS. The challenge was to create a Christmas card but not use any of the following colours, white, gold, silver, red or green so off I went.

The first card I made was a very dark card, very unusual for Christmas. I embossed black snowflakes on a black card and added some dazzling diamonds and then I embossed the Christmas tree in black on Going Grey card stock. I wasn't at all happy with it so added some pink glitter to the top of the tree. I came back this morning to take a picture of it and actually I like it more now.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Snow Swirled
Card Stock: Going Gray, Basic Black
Inks: Versamark
Accessories : Black EP, tombow adhesive, Super Nova glitters, Dimensionals, gray taffeta ribbon

The next two I made and only after making them I realised I had used green - doh!!


Card Recipe..

Stamps: Snow Swirled
Card Stock: Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White
Inks: Versamark, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze
Accessories : Clear EP, Tombow adhesive, Super Nova glitters, Dimensionals, Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, heat & stick powder
Directions: I did use white card stock on this but I disguised it, I used daubers and inks to cover the white card and then clear embossed the Christmas tree and then sponged Not Quite Navy ink over the top of it all. For the card base I stamped the snowflakes using Versmark and then sprinkled with Heat & Stick powder, heated it and stuck on some orange supernova glitter.


Card Recipe..

Stamps: Snow Swirled, So Swirly Wheel
Card Stock: Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Inks: Versamark, Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip
Accessories : Clear EP, Dimensionals
Directions: I clear embossed the background by using the wheel with Versamark, I also found that the little snowflake from the set fits nicely in to one of the flowers from the boho blossom flower punch.

I really liked this last card and was really annoyed when I realised I shouldn't have used the green so I decided to recreate it with different colours.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Snow Swirled, So Swirly Wheel
Card Stock: Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Inks: Versamark, Baja Breeze, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip
Accessories : Clear EP, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Mae Collins said...

These cards are great! I think I am going to have to get that stamp set in for my Christmas cards this year.

Ann Wills said...

These Christmas cards are all beautiful.

Susan said...

Wow, you have been busy - and got the mojo back! This stamp set really is quite lovely isn't it.

Lynda Moss said...

It is a rather yummy stamp set Susan, I am seeing so much potential for it!

Lynda x

Zoƫ said...

I love all of these Lynda. The colours are just fantastic. I'm going to try this out with Scandanavian Season. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs Zx