Friday, 24 July 2009

Circle Circus

I thought I would give Snow Swirled a bit of a rest (for now!) and play with a set I have not inked yet despite having it for some time.

It is a really fun set with loads of potential. the first card I decided to make was one I cased from a lady called Elaine from SCS. Looking through I found a few more cards using the same idea so I don't think she was the original person to come up with it but she has used the idea beautifully. used different colours but matched them pretty much the same as hers and used different ribbon.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Circle Circus, Short & Sweet
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Baja Breeze, Close to Cocoa
Inks: Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze
Accessories : Small Oval punch, 1" & 1 1/4" circle punches, dimensionals

I liked this card so much I decided to make a tag for a customers order. She got special treatment this time round but I am trying to stop using plastic bags and have agreed with some customers I will give them paper bags with a tag with their name on and next time they give me an order just return the bag and I will return to them full of their goodies!

The next card I made I decided to go for bright colours, I love the contrast of a bright pink and black so I chose these colours. I even added some bling in the form of a Rhinestone Brad! I made this card 10.5cm x 10.5cm, it is a nice sized cards but now I have to make the envelope!!


Card Recipe..

Stamps: Circle Circus
Card Stock: Basic Black, Pink Passion, Whisper White
Inks: Pink Passion, Basic Black, Pink Pirouette
Accessories : Scallop punch, circle punches, dimensionals, fire round rhinestone brad, black grosgrain.

1 comment:

Ann Wills said...

This looks like a really nice set, love the tree on the bag.