Thursday, 4 June 2009

Some other Oldies

There are still a few cards I made a while ago which I don't think I shared with you so here they are.

This first one is ribbon weaving. I lvoe some of the effects peole ahve been acheiving with these, it reminds me of a little stool my nan made for me as a girl so i ahve been keen to ahve a go.

Not being sure how it would work I chose colours depending on which ribbons I ahd the most of (i.e. which ones I don't really use!) Once i made my little ribbon panel I didn;t really know what to do with it so the card is a little thrown together with co,ours dictated by the ribbon i used, Apricot Appeal and Bravo Burgundy - they are not too bad together!

The funny thing is (well it isn;t really funny at all - excpet for m - maybe!), I made this and then a week later I received the latest copy of the SU! Demonstrator publication and it featured Ribbon Weaving - now theres a thing eh?!

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Eastern Blooms
Card Stock: Bravo Burgundy, Apricot Appeal
Inks: Bravo Burgundy
Accessories : Bravo Burgundy & Apricot Appeal grograin, vintage brads, mat pack, 1/4" circle punch

The next two cards are ones I desgined for a small group of ladies who come to my house every 6-8 weeks for classes. They choose what technique they would like to do each time. This time round they wanted to look at watercolouring. I started the class showing them all the different ways you can watercolour with Stampin' Up! Products, there are quite a few let me tell you!!

They had a go using the ink pads and blender pens or aquapainters to make the focal features for two cards, on e regular sized one and one girft card size. They coloured on Karft carsdstock and WHisper White.


Card Recipe..

Stamps: Echoes of Kindness (level 2 hostess)
Card Stock: Choclate Chip, Rose Red
Inks: Basic Brown, Rose Red, Kiwi Kiss
Accessories : Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, Bella Rose DSP



Card Recipe..

Stamps: Pun Fun
Card Stock: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White
Inks: Black Stazon
Accessories : SU! Water Clour Pencils. Aquapainters, grosgrain, star punches

No comments: