Monday, 1 June 2009

Poor me, I have a cold :(

Finally I have succumbed and have the cold my boys have been trying to pass on to me for the last few weeks! So far it doesn't seem a really bad one so fingers crossed - I am pretty sure it is not Swine Flu!

I wanted to share a card I made very simply with a brayer, some green inks and the gorgeous set, Inspired by Nature. It really is a beautiful set and i will be using it a lot I am sure!

I used used the brayer to add on layers of ink, starting with the lightest one I covered some Whisper White card, I then added the next darkest but covered only 2/3 of the card and then with the darkest I covered just a 1/3. As long as when you roll you keep the brayer moving up and down the card stock you don't get a definite colour change line, the effect is more gradual. I punched a circle out of a Post It! note and placed it on the white card stock right at the start and when I took it off at the end I had a nice white moon. I softened this using one of the green inks (whichever was closest) and sponged a little on there.

The Main stamp from the Inspired by Nature set is a big one, it is also double mounted, you have some gorgeous daisy silhouettes on one side and grass on the other. I chose to use the grass and just the top part of it. I inked it with basic Blank in and stamped it twice along the bottom, re inking in between. Ideally I would have liked the grass to go over the moon a little but it seemed to miss quite by chance!!

The effect has such simple beauty, I couldn't bring myself to add any embellishments or sentiments, I think they can be saved for the inside.


Card Recipe

Stamps: Inspired by Nature
Card Stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Mellow moss
Inks: Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke
Accessories : 1 1/4" circle punch, Post It! notes, Brayer

No comments: