Thursday, 4 June 2009

Non-Stamping Stamp Camp

Yep, that's right, June's stamp camp will involve no stamping!

The idea was passed on to me by Claire, she had received an idea to do a project using entirely rub ons. I have to say it appeals to me as I have bought a fair few sets of rub ons from SU! over the last year but have never used them, I guess I am a Stampin' Gal at heart and rub ons seemed a cheat.

Seeing the sample that Claire made changed that though and I thought I would give it a go.

So yesterday I put together 6 cards and a box to store them, using entirely Kraft card stock and some oddments of Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Tangerine Tango and Rose Red., a couple of bits of Kraft taffeta ribbon and Choc Chip grosgrain, a few punches and one of the two sheets from the bright Delights Rub on set. the only ink I used was Whisper White just to sponge the edges of some layers. Here is my finished result!

here is the box, it is made using one sheet of A$ card. Claire did not give me the dimensions of the box so I kind of made it up as I went along, i think it worked out just fine, I actually really like it!
Here is the Box open

Here are the cards. Now they don;t photograph exceptionally well, i think the slight shine of the rub ons glares back at the camera so they are not great pics. A couple of the cards I am not yet happy with and would tweak them if I could remove a rub on and reuse it, but you can't so I shall have to remember to make the changes next time round!

Card 1



I'm happy with this one, looks must nicer in 'real' life

Card 2


I am happy with this one although may add a Kiwi kiss layer under the Choc Chip Ribbon

Card 3

Not so happy with this one, a little too plain. I was desperate to use stamps to decorate the green panel but didn't. I think I will use a choc chip marker pen to make the piercing in to faux stitching and also wrap some hemp twine around that part too!

Card 4



Really don't like this one. I had a plan which was scuppered when my Full heart Punch which had never been used just would not work. I have a replacement on it's way so when it arrives I will fix this card up to how it was meant to look!

Card 5

I quite like this one, it is fun and bright!

Card 6

Now I like the idea of this one just not the card it's self, I know exactly how it needs to be changed and will do that in time for the stamp camp. It means I shall have to break in to my other sheet of rub ons.

The Non-Stamping Stamp Camp was going to be 13th June but due to illness of both Claire and I we have been too disorganised so we will have to postpone it, most likely to Sunday 21st June. Detials on timings and costings will be available shortly, feel free to express your interest in attending and I can put a place aside for you.




2 comments:

Ann Wills said...

Love the box of cards Lynda, did you make a template?

Lynda Moss said...

No I didn't make a template, that is I haven't yet but I can send you the meausrements - I think!