Sunday, 31 May 2009

Oh my.....

How long has it been since I updated my blog!!! Far too long!

Life has a habit of getting in the way of creating! I travelled to Melbourne to get some bits from IKEA, I had them shipped over here and they arrived at the same time as my husband went overseas so I was flat out looking after the boys who were all ill at one point or another, whilst wielding a screwdriver and Alan key with both hands building various storage units! So with one thing or another I have found very little time to craft, let alone post about them, but I now have some organsiation in some parts of our house!

Anyway, I am back for the moment. I have spent the morning out sailing which was fun, a bit of a rocky start to the race as our Genoa halyard got jammed at the top of the mast so someone (was nearly me but wasn't!) had to get up there and try and unjam it, it didn't work so we had to use a back up one which has a history of jamming so all was a bit tense , especially as it was the first outing of the spanking new, graphite Genoa - looked great once it was up, but then for what it cost it should. That would have been a decades cost of crafting goodies!!

One thing this sailing lark has taught me is, it is better to crew on someone elses boat than own your own as they are just money pits, every outing ends up in one expense or another, this one is going to be the cost of a couple of riggers to come in and unjam the halyards!

So what have I been up to in the last weeks?!

I cased a card from another demonstrator which was on the SU! demo website using the set Pick a Petal. This is such a fun set and I really need to start playing with it some more as it is really very versatile. I made a few changes but for the life of cannot remember what they were, it may have been the colours, I know I added the ribbon on the top left corner there, I may even of changed the sentiment - (whoa!). I like this card as it is a very quick and simple card that lends itself to numerous colour schemes and embellishments

Stamps: Pick a Petal, Life Definitions
Card Stock: Naturals Ivory, Kraft, Basic Black
Inks: Red Riding Hood Red, Apricot Appeal, Black Stazon
Accessories : dimensionals, striped grosgrain, circle punch

No comments: