Sunday, 31 May 2009

Christmas Club......

During my Blog Absence we had a couple of classes here, one being our monthly Christmas Club, I am so enjoying these clubs, it is great to meet up with the same bunch of ladies regularly as you really begin to build up relationships and have lots of fun. I am starting to see people with very different eyes, especially our Lisa *shocked smilie to go here*!!

If you and a group of friends would like to meet regularly and have some fun classes or even a one off let me know and I can see what I can arrange.

Claire demonstrated a very cool DVD gift box at the last Christmas club and I demonstrated a little card designed to hold a gift card.

These are so simple to make and I have made loads of them recently for various children's birthday presents. I rarely buy a present nowadays, either a gift card or money. Mainly because going in a toy shop often means taking one or other of my kids in with me with invariably ends up with "I want..." which drives me potty!

This was the little card we made, in fact we made two of them each,. this one is blue, the other one was in lavender. The edges of the torn white strip are meant to be sponged in blue ink to coordinate with the card base but someone very silly (aka moi!) used a dirty sponge so the blue edging is more murky than it should be - silly me!!!

This is what the card looks like inside, you can slot either cash or a gift card into the centre and when you open the card it pops up.


Stamps: Punch Pals, Loads of Love
Card Stock: Ballet Blue, Whisper White
Inks: Ballet Blue, Whisper White, Handsome Hunter, Black and orange markers
Accessories : Word window punch.

Whilst I was deciding what to do for the class I made this card too, I wanted to use up all the bits I had made and then discarded! SO really the recipe is the same as above but with a bit of Bella Blue DSP.

1 comment:

Ramona Michaluk said...

Love these Christmas cards Lynda - they're gorgeous! You've used the stamp sets very well in these snow scenes - I just love the little penguin! May have to CASE these ones - love them!