Wednesday, 8 April 2009

Stationery Box

Of course I shall be starting this with an apology for being so awful at keeping up with my blog. I won't even begin to bore you with details but despite everything that has been going on I have found small amounts of time to do a small amount of crafting!

I did manage to get away for almost a weekend with some girl friends to the beautiful Bruny Island where we dedicated our time to eating and crafting!

I decided to make a stationery box whilst away as it is rare that I have enough time to concentrate on such an involved task as there is usually drop offs, pick ups, to do, gym classes, basket ball. cubs, swim lessons to get to and fights to break up not to mention keep up with washing and housework...you get the idea!

There are various templates for this stationery box on the Internet, this is the one I used. Although once I made it I realised it was too small to hold our envelopes so I will have to redesign the template!

As I wanted to limit the supplies I took with me I decided to use just one stamp sets, one set of Designer Series Paper and a few coordinating colours of card stock.

I used the new set Good Friend and the DSP Good Morning Sunshine. The coordinating card stock I used was Kiwi Kiss, Summer Sun and Chocolate Chip, along with Whisper White as the neutral!

Here is the box closed



and here it is open

The box has a little note pad, a place to put a pen, a little pocket to store stamps and I made four gift cards (7.5cm x 7.5cm), 4 gift tags and four C6 sized cards.

Here are the gift tags



the four gift cards




the music notes on this card were just drawn on using the fine liner end of a marker.



I was really pleased with this card as I thought 'outside the box', I used the bird's leg and the birds tail (stamped twice) to make this flower!

here are the four C6 cards






The 'Rik-Rak' style card stock on this card was made using the Scallop Edge punch, I always like to find out more than one use for each punch!

The box was really fun to make and I loved the final outcome but next time I think I will break the project up over a few days as by the end of the day I was a little 'over' the colours but I have to say that deciding to use just one stamp set really makes you use it in the most imaginative way. This set was so much more versatile than I first realised!

6 comments:

Ann Wills said...

I love the colours, some one ILWS has already adjusted the measurements. Have a look in How do you do that.

Stampingcaz said...

fantastic collection. Could you please point me to this stattionery box instructions please?

Cazx

Lynda Moss said...

Hi Caz,

I got the instructions for the box from a site by Jackie Topa but be warned it will not fit your envelopes. Apparently there is some 'adapted' instructions on ILWS in the How do you do that section.

The link I used was this one

http://www.jackietopa.typepad.com/Stationary.pdf

the ILWS link is

http://www.inlovewithstamping.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2194

Lynda x

MONICA GALE said...

Fab set Linda, I really like what you've done with this set. M xx

Elizabeth said...

You have been busy - looks just great. I do like those funky flowers.

Jon said...

Fab projects, love the staionery box!!!

Hugs

Sarah