Monday, 20 April 2009

So what is in your craft tote?!

So every crafter has a tote of some kind or another (often more than one!), I have had a fair few in my time but in the last 14 months+ I have settled with the same one and I love it. It contains everything I need personally plus everything I need for a workshop, all i need to take with me is some more card stock and some stamps and I am set!

My craft tote is Pink, a lot of my things are pink, not because I am a 'girly girl' but more because I have 3 sons at home and no daughters so I get very little time to be feminine so I have pink things!

The bag is made by a company called 'MiMi' and is really compact. the handles are long enough to go over your shoulders (although one handle no longer works thanks to one of my 'chewy' dogs!) and at the reverse it has one of those straps which hold it in place if you put it on top of a bag with wheels and a pull along handle.




When you open it up it has storage in the front, it is here where I store my Watercolour pencils, Stampin' Scrub, some acetate sheets to use a pallets for markers, some mini tidy trays, a small paper trimmer and a metal edge ruler. The side pockets hold pens, pencils and other 'crafty' accessories.

The back section is designed to take a heat gun and clear acrylic stamps. I prefer to keep my Crop-a-Dile there instead.

There is a plastic wallet which is stored in the back, I keep some neutral card stock in there, a colour wheel, SAMJ sheets and other bits.




The craft bag opens out, there is a small centre section which comes out, this is big enough to hold photos, cards etc, I choose to keep my spritzer in there as well as the rubber part of my brayer.






So what do I keep in each section?

In the top sections I keep watercolour paper, sticky strip, white ribbon and3D Dimensionals, on the other side I keep some daubers, sponges, spare trimmer blades and tombow adhesive.










In the second tier, on one side I keep my small punches, sanding block and mat pack and on the other side I keep bone folders, paper piercers, craft knives, paper snips and SU! Cutter kit.










On the third tier I keep a range of brads & jumbo eyelets, Sans Serif alphabet stamps, reinkers, copyright stamp, business cards, hemp twine, linen thread, an eraser, elastic bands to make brayer effects, and In Colour samples. On the other side I keep adhesives, 3 x snails, crystal effects, SU! glue stick, SU! 2 way glue, dazzling diamonds, embossing buddy and an adhesive erasers.






In the base of the box, I keep a full set of Stampin' Spots, a black Stazon, a Versamark, SAMJ, Stampin' Mist, neutral markers, blender pens a black journaler, a whisper white craft pad and a Basic brown Classic Ink pad and the brayer handle.









So you can see, I can pack a great deal in to my craft tote and I love it! I must try and get the handle repaired. I would love to her what is in your craft tote, I will post pictures and comments from people so leave a comment here or email me

8 comments:

Rosie said...

WOW you'd never imagine so much stuff would go in that tote! And you sound very organised ....

Kim said...

Fabulous, I won a great tote bag, making memories, but it's full of the stickers it came with... I also have a pink and brown tote, oh gawd can't think who made that one and a tiny one my friend bought me, I want the one thta craftsulove sell as it can hold all my copics inside the compartments, Lurves bags I do....

Lynda Moss said...

It is all a show Rosie, my life is so disorganised at all times (with 3 young boys what do you expect...lol) so there are little areas I have, which are mine only, and I orgnaise these in a very anally retentive way!

Lynda Moss said...

Kim, a lady after my own heart - lots and lots of totes!! never been a handbag person but definitely a tote person!!!

Sara said...

Despite saying you're disorganized this looks awfully organized to me. I can't believe how much you can pack in that tote - it's like a tardis. Sara xx

Kate Lewis said...

Sadly I don't have a tote (yet!) but I really want want after seeing how much you get into yours! Thanks for sharing this Linda! Kate xx

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Wow Lynda... what a fabulous tote!! I really love all the fold outs and compartments.. what a great way to get organized!! Just found your great blog, and really enjoying it... will be back to see all your wonderful shares!

Crafty Dawn said...

Oh My Gosh! I need something like this as have recently become an SU demo and will need a bag seperate from my craft stuff (so much of it) that I can just grab & go.

Will have to get one know (so where did you get yours? lol

Love Dawn xx