Wednesday, 8 April 2009

A Rose is a Rose

I was lucky enough to earn a free stamp set from SU! and I could choose any one from the catalogue. I decided to choose one I ordinarily would not choose for myself so I chose one called A Rose is a Rose.

It is not that I don't like the set that I wouldn't choose it, more that I have not really anyone I would necessarily send a card to using that set. However...looking at what sonme other people have done with this stamp set I can see it's appeal, especially amongst many of customers so I decided that I would try it out!

It is one of the sets that is part of the "Definitely Decorative" range, that is sets that work brillaintly for card making and scrapbooking as well as for use on textiles, walls etc.


Card Recipe..

Stamps: A Rose is a Rose
Card Stock: Bravo Burgundy, Old Olive, Whisper White
Inks: Old Olive, Bravo Burgundy, Pale Plum, Perfect Plum
Accessories : Bravo Burgundy grosgrain, White Signo Gel Pen, Sponge, Circle Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

This set takes two-step stamping to another level, it allows you to create a whole picture. I only used a few of the many stamps in this set to create this, there are 14 in the whole set so it makes it very good value.

The actual presentation of the flower was inspired by a design by Jules, a UK SU! demonstrator, I just created a different layout, different colours and as I have no DSP from the new catalogue that matches at this stage I made my own using stamps from the set. It makes it a little fussy but I think that is part of 'this style'.

6 comments:

Kate Lewis said...

Hi Lynda, such a beautiful card, I love the background stamping and such a fab colour scheme too! love Kate xx

Lynda Moss said...

Thank you for your kind comment Kate!

Lynda x

Ann Wills said...

Like this Lynda, really looks effective

juliejules said...

OOOOO Lynda, I am wondering if I am the "jules" you refer to??? If so I am very honoured you have chosen to use my card for inspiration! Lovely card, Jules x

Lynda Moss said...

Hi yes it is you Jules! Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynda x

Alex said...

Like you, I too have recently earned enough to get this stamp set and am loving the many layouts you can create with the different stamps :)

Your card is lovely, well done you!

Thanks for sharing.

Alex from England x