Monday, 27 April 2009

Big Boy Birthday....

Well last week my eldest son took another step towards being a teenager. Despite his age he is still quite young, that's the good thing about Tas, kids can enjoy being kids for longer than in many other places.

Of course his birthday list was totally unrealistic but I think he was happy in the end! The hardest cards I have to make are for family and close friends, I think it is because the expectation is too high and I crumble under the pressure. I am sad to admit that all the boys have cards from me missing for their birthdays - outrageous eh?!

Anyway, this year I did make him a card and as usual I am not very happy with it but he loves it. I didn't make it too grown up as he still likes little fluffy animals and all things cute!


I love the new Build-a-Roo set in our catalogue - very cute, there are all sorts of things you can put in her pouch and I am guessing any of the Loads of Love accessories will do just as well with her as well!

This card is C5 size (A4 folded in half!)


Card Recipe..

Stamps:Build a Roo, Jumbo Outline Alphabet
Card Stock: Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun
Inks: Various Stampin' Write markers, Black Stazon
Accessories : large & small star punch, journaler, Bold brights brads, Grosgrain, watercolour paper.

2 comments:

Claire Harrison said...

Love the card Lynda! Glad H did too, it's great and too cute (Now I will have to buy that set - grrr). You doodled on it too! Sarah will be sooo proud ...

xx

Ann Wills said...

Love it Lynda, I can quite well imagine how much he liked it.