Sunday, 19 April 2009

Belated Birthday Card

Today I made a card for my eldest son's freind. it was actually his birthday about a month ago but on the day we ended up in hospital with our second son as he split his leg and was being put back together so our eldest son got dropped over for the sleepover with no card or present and it has taken me this long to get round to doing it!

I love the way you can personalise the All in the Family set to suit the individual. We have a new set of accessories this year too so I shall have to save my money for that! The lad supports the Aussie Football team, the Sydney Swans, so I coloured his clothing to look like the football strip of that team but from what I can glean from my son he doesn't play it, he likes to play handball instead! So I have him here in his footie strip, playing handball!!!

It is only a small card I suspect he won't keep it that long being as it was sooo late but I have made it to hold a gift card to a local electronics shop as he apparently likes his electronic games (as do all 11 year olds!)

This is what the card looks like inside, I folded it concertina style and used the word window punch to make a place to slot in the gift card.




Card Recipe..


Stamps: All in the Family, Family Favourites, Think Happy Thoughts
Card Stock: Real Red, Basic Black, Watercolour paper
Inks: Black Stazon, Real Red, Basic Black, Blush Blossom, Summer Sun and Close to Cocoa Stampin' Write markers.
Accessories : Large and small star punch, circle punches, dimensionals, black brad and word window punch.

2 comments:

Ann Wills said...

Lovely Lynda, I bet the boy will like it as it is quite personal. What do the new accessories have?

Lynda Moss said...

The new accessories are a tiny little ball, an umbrella, an electric guitar, a microphone, a golf club, a princess crown, a skateboard, a tennis racket, a trophy and karate/judo suit. It looks fun!