Saturday, 14 March 2009

Sneak Preview!

Ok so we are all watching the little thingy at the top of the blog, seeing how much longer we have to wait for the new Idea Book & Catalogue to come out. We are less than 3 weeks away now which is fantastic but we still want to see it NOW!

Well I received my demonstrator pre-order yesterday so over the next few days I shall give you a few sneak previews in to some of the new sets, colours, papers and accessories you will see in the new catalogue!

I shall also throw in a few creations from the current catalogues as I still like to dabble with those!

So today i shall share two cards I have made using two new sets of stamps.

The fist set is very gorgeous, it is called Bloom Away, and I am guessing this one will be unique to the Aussies and NZ'ers. It contains just 3 stamps but they are lovely and represent some native plants, Gum Blossoms, Banksia and Warratah. I chose to use the Banksia stamps for this card.

it did not turn out exactly how I envisaged it but it I still like it. I decided to go for a natural, earthy look to it so used two old favourites of Chocolate Chip and Always Artichoke as the colour combination.

The card dimensions are 4' x 4" (10cm x 10cm) which is a lovely sized card to work with.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Bloom Away
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Confetti Cream, Always Artichoke
Inks: Basic Brown
Accessories : Distressing tool, grosgrain, markers, word window punch, vintage brads

This next set is a fun set called Cheers for You, I decided to go bright and most the colours are from the Bold Brights with the addition of Taken with Teal. I went over each drink with Crystal Effects to give it a glassy appearance, although it makes taking a picture very hard.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Cheers to you
Card Stock: Taken with Teal, Whisper White
Inks: Black Stazon
Accessories : Watercolour Wonder Crayons, Aqua painter, circle punches, crystal effects

2 comments:

Claire Harrison said...

Love both the new cards from the new catty Lynda, not sure where you buy Chocolate Chop ink though rofol!
Claire

Lynda Moss said...

Well obviously you haven't shopped hard enough Claire...lol! (Ok I will change the typo!)

Glad you liked the cards and thanks for the comment!

Lynda x