Saturday, 14 March 2009

Paper Beads

I saw a video where someone was making paper beads and I thought what a fantastic addition these could make to cards, scrap book pages etc not to mention making jewellery.

I had some paper left over from my pack of Bali Breeze DSP and I love the colours from that so I set off to make some beads and I loved it. The first 3 I made I used to adorn this card.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Eastern Blooms
Card Stock: Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Inks: Old Olive, Whisper White, Rose Red
Accessories : DSP beads!, gold brads, Three for You punch, Bali Breeze DSP

I then when in to a bead making frenzy and made a bracelet!

4 comments:

Zarna said...

what did you use to coat the beads? I saw one where they were embossing them but when i tried it that took forever

Lynda Moss said...

Hi Zarna,

I used clear embossing powder and built up about 3 layers for each bead. I didn't find it too time consuming as I did about 3 beads at teh same time using a long thin rod to hold them.

Lynda x

Zarna said...

So I'm just going to have to be patient? lol

I was hoping you'd say just dip them in crystal effects or mod podge lol

Lynda Moss said...

Zarna,

I saw a post yesterday where that is basically what they had done, they used small pins and put one through each bead, popped it in a cork board and used it to literally paint Modge Podge all over the bead. You just need to factor in drying time! At the end of the day you get the same look.

I am guessing either way won't stop the bloomin' dog from eating it which was what happened last night!!!