Thursday, 26 February 2009

Recent 'Bushfire' Workshop

Last week I held a workshop for one of my customers so I thought I would share what we did, well most of it!

All the sets I chose for this workshop were sets from the Bushfire Appeal stamp sets, the commission I made from this workshop went to the Bushfire Appeal. Don't forget, Stampin' Up!'s support still is valid until the end of March, if you want to treat yourself and help others then purchase one of the stamp sets listed in THIS post


I started the workshop with a little box, it was a very easy template which I simply decorated with the 'swirl' from Baroque Motifs, I really think this is one of the most versatile and easy stamp sets we sell to use for so many different types of projects! I then stamped the floral stamps from this set and layered them with dimensional pads, stamped the word out, used some ribbon, filled a cellophane bag with some goodies et voila!

Project Recipe..

Stamps: Baroque Motifs
Card Stock: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Basic Black
Inks: Certainly Celery, Basic Black
Accessories : Vintage Brads, Sponge, Grosgrain. Stampin' Dimensionals, small & large oval punches.

The next card I made I cannot show you as the sample I made in advance went as the door prize, and the one I made at the w/s went to the hostess. I used the stamp set Priceless, I shall make it again and post it another time as I loved it. It was a direct CASE of a card I found before so I will give full credit when I have remade it (unless fo course Clancy or Tracey want to take a picture of it and send it to me)!

For the make and take I decided we would make a very bright card us9ng the very easy set, Seeing Spots! The colours were inspired by an apron I bought at Cadbury World here in Tas. I just think these are such fun and vibrant colours! Each person had a choice of card base colour and then accessories to go with it, so everyone's card looked very different and some didn't even look overly bright, with the choices of stamps and colours they used they got such a different look. I am always so inspired by customers and workshop attendees as despite them feeling they are not very creative they are!!!

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Seeing Spots
Card Stock: Whisper White, Gable Green, Summer Sun, Lavender Lace
Inks: Gable Green, Summer Sun, Lavender Lace, Elegant Eggplant, Versamark
Accessories : Grosgrain. Stampin' Dimensionals, Circle punches


No comments: