Thursday, 26 February 2009

My Summer Highlight...

Last night I went to a craft group that I belong to, it is not a SU! one so I get to play with lots of different things. Last night we played with Opals, it was great fun!

Each month we have a title for a swap, this month it was 'My Summer highlight' My intention was to make the card below but sadly I only had time to make one and so didn't participate in the swap :(

When I made the card I was thinking of water lapping up whilst a little boy built his sandcastles as this summer we spent a lot of time at the beach just playing or if the boys had Nippers. Of course my youngest son is too young to be involved this year in Nippers so he spent his time building and digging in the sand.

When my eldest son saw the card he thought of sand dunes with a sky with clouds in it which I can totally see and almost prefer! Just goes to show how things look so different with a different pair of eyes!

I used a brayer to get the sand and sky effect with torn paper as a stencil. The colours blue and sand colours are lovely but I felt they were a bit too washed out on their own so as the starfish was orange I thought why not add that in a bit more, so that is what it did and I really liked how it brightened the card up but not too much! I simply coloured the image in using the markers as if they were textas.


Card Recipe..

Stamps: Summer by the Sea
Card Stock: Brocade Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Sahara Sand
Inks: Sahara Sand, Brocade Blue, Craft Whisper White,
Accessories : Brayer, grosgrain, Stampin' Write Markers, Sponge

2 comments:

Ann Wills said...

Like this one Lynda, the brayer makes such a difference.

Lynda Moss said...

What on earth are you doing up at this time of the morning?!!