Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Finally!

My car is in for some repairs today so I am at home twiddling my thumbs - as if! Anyway, I thought I would take some pictures of cards I have recently made for classes and workshops and share them with you, so here are the first ones...

This card I made initially as I was holding an Embossing Class and wanted to emboss on to vellum, the card is very easy to make yet quite striking. In the end I did not make this card as I felt that people don't often have a reason to send a Bride to be card out and I wanted them to go away with a card they could use more easily.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Big on Spring (Summer Mini)
Card Stock: Vellum, Whisper White, Lovely Lilac, Basic Black
Inks: Versamark, Lovely Lilac
Accessories : Gingham ribbon, Brads, Black Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, heat Gun, Aquapainter

Using the design of this card as my base I decided to opt for a valentines card that a lady could give a man as all the people in the class were married ladies (apart from one 14yo daughter!). This is what I came up with...


and just to show how you can make it a little more quirky by angling the sentiment

When I first made this card I thought the background looked too boring so using the tiny heart from the cute set, Short & Sweet, I randomly stamped the base of the black card with versamark, added black embossing powder and heated. It made such a huge difference, rather than looking plain, suddenly the card base looked very opulent. You cannot see it too clearly here on the pictures (maybe if you click on it to get a bigger view you may).

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Big on Spring (Summer Mini), Short & Sweet
Card Stock: Vellum, Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black
Inks: Versamark, Real Red
Accessories : Gingham ribbon, Brads, Black Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Aquapainter

The next card I am not a huge fan of, but it is more the technique than the card itself. I am not sure what the technique is called but the theory behind it is you randomly stamp smallish images on apiece of card with coloured ink and then using a bigger, solid stamp, stamp with versamark randomly on it and then emboss with clear embossing powder. Once you have done this, either using a sponge or a brayer cover the card stock with a darker ink and then wipe with a soft cloth. What you find is the original design appears bright under the clear embossed pattern but depending on how dark the top coat of ink is you either see the original pattern underneath in subdued colours or not at all.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Eastern Blooms (Summer Mini)
Card Stock: Whisper White, Gable Green, Orchid Opulence, Pixie Pink
Inks: Versamark, Gable Green, Orchid Opulence, Pixie Pink
Accessories : Grosgrain, Brads, Clear Embossing Powder, Embossing Buddy, Heat Gun, Crimper, Spring Bouquet Punch

No comments: