Thursday, 26 February 2009

Christmas Club

Once again I have been busy and not updated my blog! I have been crafting, it has been computer time that has been limited!

Well last Friday was the first event of the year for InkyDivas (myself and my esteemed colleague Claire!). It was the Christmas Club!

Claire gallantly took this one in hand and produced both cards for the occasion, although she threw a curved ball and asked me to demonstrate one which was a little tricky when I had only seen it just before but that was fine and I muddled through (I will get my revenge....lol).

These are the cards the ladies had a go at making, despite my watermark being on these please do know they are actually Claire's!! It was amazing as everyone made two card of each design but there was a certain flexibility in layout etc and every single one was slightly different from the other, it was amazing how such small changes could make such huge differences.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Boho Backgrounds, Baroque Motifs. Seasons of Joy
Card Stock: Confetti White, Bravo Burgundy, Wild Wasabi
Inks: Bravo Burgundy, Wild Wasabi
Accessories : Grosgrain.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Seasons of Joy
Card Stock: Sage Shadow, Certainly Celery
Inks: Certainly Celery
Accessories : Soft Subtle brads, wide grosgrain, Wintergreen DSP

You can see these are lovely, very straightforward cards. these ladies now have 4 handmade cards to put towards their stash for this coming Christmas (never too early to start planning!)

Now we have a handful of places still available for the Christmas club, not only will we be doing cards their will be other projects as well. Next time there will one card to make two of and some mini gift tags with matching envelopes, look out for the sneak preview!

These classes take place on the 3rd Friday of each month (although this coming March it is on Thursday 26th !), the class costs $15 and all you need to do is bring your adhesive and perhaps a paper trimmer.

No comments: