Wednesday, 11 February 2009

and more...

On Monday evening I had a workshop where the hostess already had the Lovely as a Tree stamp set and wanted to know how to get the background effect I often use with this set. The technique is called Brayered Skies, and the master of this is the very talented Michelle Zindorf, it is definitely worh googling her and seeing her amazing work, I would happily hang every piece she creates on the walls of my house.

So this card was just a little sample (based on a previous one I created which I 'cased' at the time!) to show my hostess and her guests how to use the brayer, it is very quick and very simple and a few left the workshop having ordered a brayer and some inks to have a go themselves - I can't wait to see their creations!

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree
Card Stock: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Apricot Appeal
Inks: Not Quite Navy, Apricot Appeal, Bordering Blue, Basic Black
Accessories : Brayer, Signo White Gel Pen, Sponge, Grosgrain. Stampin' Dimensionals

I wanted to make another valentines card for this workshop but as the brayering is a pretty tricky little technique I wanted to keep this one quite simple so opted not to repeat the black and red one from the previous post as it is quite time consuming for a workshop environment and I didn't want to intimidate any beginners. I had a look about and came across a very beautiful card by a lady called Chat. I loved the simplicity of the colours so I chose the same stamp set, the same colours and just adapted the layout and layering to suit what I wanted to achieve.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Eastern Blooms (Summer Mini), Warm Words
Card Stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Kraft, Chocolate Chip
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Accessories : Stampin' Dimensionals (lots of!). Large Oval Punch, Crimper, Mat pack, Jersey Ribbon Originals

2 comments:

Ann Wills said...

Lynda, this is beautiful, what a lovely stamp set.

Sara said...

Love the brayered background on the top card. I have an award for you over on my blog. Sara xx