Tuesday, 6 January 2009

Sale-A-Bration Samples

Ok, now don;t get too excited... well remember when I mentioned that I made some cards I wasn't happy with well here they are..

the funny thing was I went to visit my friend Claire and she showed me card which was, as she said the worst card that has ever been made, I fell about as I said I could top hers with bells on. Well hers wasn't actually too bad but when she saw mine I think her silence spoke volumes....

I wanted to achieve the very busy layered style card that some people achieve effortlessly and they always look stunning. Obviously this is not my type of card and I have very little talent in that department. So this is officially THE WORST card ever made!

I will not even bother with a card recipe on this one as it is not worth it, however, I did quite like the colour combo which is River Rock, Purely Pomegranate and Chocolate Chip. the stamp set is Botanical Blooms from the current SAB catalogue and it is actually a nice 2-step-stampin' set. I will happily send this card to the first person who asks for it in a comment....lol

The next card is not so bad, it definitely falls in to the 'simple' category and is actually better in 'real life'/ It can be either landscape or portrait as I have not added yet the something else it needs (still working on that!)

I embossed the flower from the SAB set Polka Dot Punches, in white on Chocolate Chip card stock and then used the gorgeous 1" double stitched ribbon from the current Summer Mini catalogue. The card base is Soft Sky.

This last one I actually quite like, it is just a little 3x3, I can see myself making a little set of these, the cardstock used is River Rock, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White and the image, from Polka Dot Punches, and is heat embossed with white embossing powder

2 comments:

Ann Wills said...

Hey Lynda, I like this one, given me a great idea for a make and take for a workshop I have later this month. Hope you don't mind if I case it.

Alex said...

Just beautiful, love your card designs and colour combos :)

Alex from England