Tuesday, 6 January 2009

More Sale-A-Bration...

We have just returned from a jaunt to the beach with our neighbours so I am all sandy. It was lovely and sunny but boy was it blowing a gale! I am sure i would have paid a fortune at a beauty parlour to have that kind of 'exfoliation' treatment - talk about being sandblasted!

The kids had an absolute ball though, we had a playmate with us for our youngest son and the older two played with the neighbours girls and their friends, a bit of boogie boarding, a bit of rock hopping, rock pooling etc etc..

I just love living near the sea, the fact you can just go to the beach for a couple of hours and then be home in 10 minutes is fantastic, back in England it had to be for a whole day as it was over 2 hours for us to get to the ocean. Our second son goes to nippers and it is such good fun, I wish our older one would go too.

Before I went out I took some pictures of a couple more cards I had made so I will share those with you. the first is more of a 3D project than a card. I recently purchased a Sizzix Big Shot die cutting system and one of the dies I have is a small pouch box. Having being inspired elsewhere I made an acetate pouch/pillow box.


The ribbon is from the Summer Mini, 1" double stitched grosgrain in Rose Red, the flower is from the SAB set Polka Dot Punches. Since taking this picture I stamped another flower in white on Rose Red card stock and punched it out and layered it beneath this one on the picture, it looks better for it! Their are four stamps in this set, the one above which is designed to fit perfectly in to the five petal flower punch, the swirly one which fits within the circle scallop punch and the small flower which fits neatly in to the 1" circle punch. There is also a lovely heart but sadly here in Aus we do not have the punch for that but to be honest it is actually very easy to cut out.

Don't you just love how well this little box works with the Jelly Belly's in it? It is so cute, these will make perfect little hostess gifts!

This second one is a direct CASE off another Aus SU! Demo, I only know her as Melbarkwith on SCS. Now this is unfinished, on hers she has stamped the sentiment and framed it in an oval frame from the Hodgepodge Hardware kit and placed it on the right side at the level between the bottom and middle circle. I am not yet certain what sentiment I will use so have left it off for the moment.

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Botanical Blooms
Card Stock: River Rock, Rose Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Inks: Rose Red, River Rock
Accessories : 1", 1 1/4' & 1 3/8" circle punches, Rose Red DSP, Stampin' Dimensionals

I made this card soon after making the Worst Card in the World, still not entirely happy with it but it is better! It is crying our for some kind of sentiment/greeting on the wide ribbon at the bottom, i will need ot put some thought in to that one!

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Botanical Blooms
Card Stock: River Rock, Purely Pomegranate, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Inks: Rose Red, River Rock
Accessories : 1", double stitched grosgrain, round tab punch, stampin' dimensionals

No comments: