Friday, 9 January 2009

Even more Sale-A-Bration

Having been spending time in the garden and working very hard I decided to take a day off yesterday as I was tired and it was really cold! Instead I spent a few hours tidying my craft space (doesn't look like it!) and crafting (OK I spent more time crafting than tidying!).

I also took delivery of a parcel from SU! It is like Christmas when they come, I love opening the box and seeing all the new stuff in its cellophane packaging. Sadly most of it was not for me but for one of my customers, so Susan your order is here and will get to you today!!! (She has already sent me a 'where is it?' email, she is as impatient as me!!)

So I guess you are all dying to see what I made ....

Bear in mind the pictures were taken last night so not very good (edit...I have replaced some!) as it was past 11pm and the lighting was not good, indeed the lighting was absent as it was totally dark!



Again this a little 3 x 3 card, for some reason it looks 'messy' on the photo but in real life it doesn't, there is pink sponging around the white background piece but with the lighting only some of it is showing up so it looks like dirty finger prints (phew think I got away with that one!)

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Polka Dot Punches, Occasional Greetings
Card Stock: Rose Red, Whisper White
Inks: Regal Rose, Rose Red
Accessories : 1" grosgrain, Finger Daubers, Stampin' Dimensionals

I based this one on a card I made for valentines last year when we had the lovely set Happy Hearts.



Card Recipe..

Stamps: Polka Dot Punches, Occasional Greetings
Card Stock: Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel, Very Vanilla
Inks: Ruby Red, Creamy Caramel
Accessories : Stampin' Dimensionals

This one has not showed up really well but it is one my fave colour combos and it reminds me of my brother and sister-in-laws fireplace. My sil tiled the back of it in all these great colours which I love so when I put these colours together I thought of her. her birthday isn't until the end of March and the chances of me still knowing where this card is then is pretty slim but I can try! (I had to laugh as when I stamped the word 'Favourite' I realised I had stuck the stamp on upside down - doh!)



Card Recipe..

Stamps: Polka Dot Punches, Wonderful Favourites
Card Stock: Rose Red, Whisper White, Perfect Plum, More Mustard, Old Olive
Inks: Rose Red, Perfect Plum, More Mustard, Old Olive
Accessories : Stampin' Dimensionals


Now this one really hasn't shown up, I used a technique called 'Ink, Spray, Smash' only I forgot the spray part, to make a back ground.

It is very simple, you get two bits of glossy white card stock, on one bit (glossy side up) you add a few drops of your lightest reinker, then a few less drops of the next lightest and then even less drops of your darkest one, the second stage (this is the one I forgot to do!) you spray the glossy side of both bits of card stock a couple of times with water, and finally you put the non-inked glossy piece on top of the inked piece and 'smash' it down and gently rub (very messy, use a plastic covering underneath and wear gloves or use a brayer).

When you pull the two pieces apart wipes them over with a soft dry cloth and hey presto, you have two beautiful bits of card to use in your card making!



To go with the colourful background I wanted my images to be colourful too, now I could have inked them up with my markers but I thought I would try yet another technique, the Baby Wipe Technique, this is very easy, get a baby wipe, fold it over a couple of times, place it on a piece of plastic or on a saucer and drop some ink from your reinkers on to it. You can then use this as an ink pad, it is very effective, you can even put a piece of card stock upside down on to it ans see what background you get from it. This works really well with solid stamps.


The final little thing about this card is the way I have used the dimensionals (I'll try and take a better picture to show), but the scallops on the front are at 3 different dimensions, the pink one is adhered directly to the base layer, the green one is popping up using 3 dimensionals and the turquoise one is popped up using a double layer of dimensionals, that is that two of the 3 are two deep and the one directly on top of the green scallop is one deep - not sure if that makes sense or not!

edit..


Card Recipe..

Stamps: Polka Dot Punches, Wonderful Favourites
Card Stock: Tempting Turquiose, Pixie Pink, Green Galore, Glossy White
Inks: Tempting Turquoise, Pixie Pink, Green Galore (all as reinkers)
Accessories : Stampin' Dimensionals, circle scallop punch

Now this final project is one I made VERY quickly. I invited two of my 'crafty' neighbours over for some crafting last night only to find that they had already conspired to get together and watch Mamma Mia (one of them as a proper movie room in her house) so instead of crafting I gatecrashed their movie night but had no goodies to take with me.

Using my cool new Big Shot and Pillow Box die I made some little gift boxes and filled them with M&Ms. SO you could see what was inside I punched out a little oval window with my nestabilities and replaces it with a little acetate window. I used the punched out bits of card stock to make little tags and the SAB set I received that day was perfect for the sentiment!


Project Recipe..


Stamps: Yummy
Card Stock: Real Red, Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange
Inks: Basic Black
Accessories : 1/4" grosgrain, acetate, sticky strip, nestabilites, Big Shot

1 comment:

Alex said...

WOW lovely work using the SAB stamp sets - great job! I love what you did with the Polka Dot Punch set.

Alex from England x