Tuesday, 9 December 2008

Last Minute Christmas Cards

Card Recipe..

Stamps: Merry, Merry & Short and Sweet
Card Stock: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Real Red
Inks: Old Olive, Real Red
Accessories :1 3/8" circle punch, Scallop punch, packing tape, Dazzling diamonds, 1/4" grosgrain, large & small oval punch, Stampin' Dimensionals


At the weekend I went to the home of a young lady to 'host' her birthday party, it was great fun and her and her friends were very creative, straight after her party her mum had a workshop - yes it was a busy day!

I had to take my 4 year old with me but he had the most fantastic time, bigger boys to play with that weren't his brothers lots of outside play equipment and inside electronics - as happy as a 'pig in muck' as we would say back home in the UK countryside!

Anyway, I am going off on a tangent again, I shall share with you some of the projects I did for the workshop and the party.

This was a very quick and easy yet effective Christmas card I made for the work shop. It really is a very simple and fast to make.

The technique used is something called 'Glitter Window', basically it involves punches , packing tape and Dazzling Diamond glitter

The way I did this card was to

  1. make up a 9cm x 9cm card blank and then I cut a piece of DSP 8 x 8cm. I temporarily stuck it to the front with just a small amount of snail adhesive. I did this to hold it on place whilst I cut through both the card front and the DSP with a 1 /3/8" circle punch
  2. Remove the DSP from the card, ink round the edge in a coordinating colour (not done on this card but was done at the workshop and looked MUCH better.
  3. Place the DSP upside down on a surface where packing tape will pull off easily. Put a piece of clear packing tape over the hole and lift up the dsp.
  4. when you turn the DSP over to the right side there will be clear window over the hole that will be sticky, pour Dazzling Diamond Glitter over this and tap of the excess. You will now have a glittery window. You can then permanently adhere the DSP to the front of your card.
  5. On a piece of neutral card stock stamp a design and punch out with a scallop punch
  6. It is your choice now whether you adhere this design directly behind the glitter window on the back of the card front or, like me, stick it inside the card so that when the card is closed you can see the design but when it is open the design remains stuck to card base.
  7. I made a scallop frame by punching out the large circle on Real Red card stock, I put the punched out circle aside for use later on. Using the scallop punch I placed it over the circle hole, positioned it so the scallop fitted an equal distance round, punched it out and stuck it on!
8. Then embellish the card with widows or sentiments to your taste.

No comments: