Tuesday, 9 December 2008

Double Pocket Bags

When I went to the regional field training for Stampin' Up! here in Hobart a few weeks ago, one of the projects we were shown was a little bag which had two pockets. it was so simple to make and only used one sheet of 12 x 12.

The perfect thing to make it out of is Designer Series Paper (DSP), it is very quick, very easy and very pretty but as i like things to be difficult (or at least that is what I think I must like most of the time!) I decided that it would be nice to use a piece of neutral card stock, stamp it and then make it. I had a practise at home and loved the results so decided then and there that this is what I would do for the young ladies at the birthday party I did the other day. These girls were 13 7 14 years old and very capable and they found it easy. We were a little rushed but only because they were chatting before we got started and I wasn't strict enough about getting them to the table to start!

I decided that they would make a little note card to go with their bag and make and decorate an envelope too. I wish I had my camera with me to take a photo of their work, their colour choices and designs were lovely. I didn't, therefore you will have to put up with mine!


The little cards I made were 7.5cm x 7.5cm and I designed a template to make an envelope for that size.

Project Recipe..

Stamps: Bud Basics
Card Stock: Whisper White, Taken with Teal, Summer Sun
Inks: Taken with Teal, Summer Sun, Mellow Moss
Accessories :Stampin' Dimensionals, 1/4" grograin

I shall work on putting an instruction diagram together to make the bag, it really is very simple!

No comments: