Sunday, 14 December 2008

Copic Markers

Copic Markers I am loving! Like with the Prismas, I am just learning and class myself very much as a beginner. I look at what some people achieve with these markers and I am agasp, I will never be that good but I still enjoy!

Now there is a huge minus to these, they are incredibly expensive and although there are over 300 colours I would never be able to afford all of them! In fact at over $8 apiece I have about 14 of them and will not be getting any more in the near or distant future!

Now from the few I have, I have learnt by watching online tutorials how to blend them to make a multitude of colours. My blending is not great right now but I am making small steps to getting there.

This first image is made up from the stamp set Love Owl-ways, such a fun little set,


You can see from this that the mailbox came out Ok but more blending is needed with the owl. I am pretty sure I can back and rework this and improve on it. Also the blue outline is a little too blue and too solid, using a Copic blender marker I can fade it out a bit and make it fainter.

As well as SU! workshops I also do birthday parties for groups of up to 10 children ranging from 6 years old to whatever! These parties are mostly SU! but I am not doing them as a SU! demonstrator, I am doing these as 'Lynda, party entertainer extraordinaire'! Yesterday I did a party for a 7yo girl who is mad on frogs so I decided to use the SU! set Unfrogrettable, and make p a card for her and I coloured it in with Copic Markers. I really love how the image looked at the end. In fact I was quite sad to give it away!


Here is a close up of the actual image. I love the way the colours have blended so well in this, you can 'work' the colours really hard and the card stock appears not to be affected. For all these images I have used SU! Whisper White.


Today the two older boys both had birthday parties to go to. Of course in the early hours of the morning I realised that I had not got them a present so I resorted to my usual 'get out' clause which is if I make the cards I have a right to just put cash in them!

The stamp I chose is a Judi-kins stamp, one of my most favourite stamp companies (next to SU! of course!) I decided to make the same card for both boys and just reverse the colours.


Again here is a close up of the image and again you can see a little more work could have been done to blend the colours but it was very late (I mean early!).


I have also coloured in a few more images which I will share with you tomorrow!

2 comments:

juliejules said...

Great colouring, just wanted to wish you Merry Christmas from the UK!!! Love from Jules from ILWS!!

Lynda Moss said...

Thank You Jules and a merry Christmas to you too!

Lynda x