Wednesday, 12 November 2008

Whilst still fresh...

.....in my mind I thought I would case a card I saw at the Stampin' Up! field training I went to in Hobart. The original card was by a fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator from the north of the state, Martyn. I am not sure if Martyn is the only male SU! demonstrator or not but I am convinced he is the best - he is so creative!

I did take two pictures of this card, one all closed up and one open but somewhere in between the process of cropping, resizing, adding the watermark and creating a jpeg I lost one of them and really have not got the energy to go back and take another so there is only one picture of the card as a whole and one close up of an element.

So here is the card


It opens in a different way to most cards as in the front flap opens up and is held shut with a ribbon. It would make a beautiful wedding invite.

Here is the close up of the little element, for no other reason than I took a picture!



Card Recipe..

Stamps: Weathered background, Baroque Motifs
Card Stock: Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy, Naturals Ivory
Inks: Close to Cocoa, Always Artichoke, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Vintage Brads, Jumbo Eyelet. Always Artichoke 1/4" Grosgrain, dimensionals

When I made the card I had no reason to make it but sadly this morning I got a phone call from my mum saying my cousin, Julie, had just died. She is a few years older than me, as a young girl she developed a brain tumour. She was one of the first people to ever have chemo and have the tumour removed. She survived the operation but was brain damaged to a point, so very sad. Despite her problems Julie had a job for quite a long while and married Eddy and the two have been together for many, many years. I was bridesmaid at their wedding so they must have got married 28 years ago at least.

She has been a big part of my life in so many ways and although I have not seen much of her for many years due to me being here etc I always know how she is doing through my aunt (her mum) or my mum. I know that Eddy will be totally lost with out her and she will be missed by all her family. Sadly my aunt has had to say goodbye to a second child, no one should ever have to do that.

So this card will be sent to my aunt now and I shall make another one for Eddy. I feel so helpless o far away from them all but I know at times like this the family will all pull together and be there for each other.

No comments: