Now in my excitement of making the card and the expectation it would not work I did not take any photos of the different stage so I shall have to put them down as 'steps' and hope you can follow them.
Firstly here is the card, it is hard to see the effect so I have included a close up too.
Stamps: Garden Silhouettes (UK- Retired)
Card Stock: Always Articoke, Chocolate Chip, River Rock & Whisper White
Accessories: Brayer, Embossing Buddy, Sponge, Clear Embossing Powder, heat gun, double circle punch, dimensionals and chocolate chip satin ribbon (summer mini)
All you Aussies out there will be wondering what stamp set I have used. I am sorry to say this one is not an Aussie SU! set, my mother sent it over from the UK last year for me, it was a level 2 hostess gift there, sadly it is now discontinued there. It is a beautiful set called Garden Silhouettes, it reminds me a little of the old set we had Stem Silhouettes which I totally adored too.
The reason I used this set is that it works with this technique well, but I shall repeat the technique on one of our sets today and hopefully post some pictures.
OK so I have waffled enough, how do you do it?!
Well believe it or not the central panel of the card started off as whisper white. I stamped the central image with Versamark having used my Embossing Buddy over the card and then embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder.
Using my brayer I brayered over in River Rock and sponged in some around the head of the flower where the brayer could not reach in.
This next step I think is how I got it to work, I then heated the card with my heat gun again, this made sure the card was totally dry and then I let it cool for a short time and wiped over gently with my embossing buddy again. (My previous failed attempts had stray bit of embossing powder everywhere which just blurred the overall effect and made it look messy)
With Versamark I then stamped the tall fern image and embossing with clear EP.
I then brayered over the card with Always Artichoke, sponged a little in an areas the brayer didn't cover, heated again , cooled, used my embossing buddy.
I then stamped the smaller fern with Versamark and clear embossed it and brayered over with Chocolate Chip and again sponged some in around the heads of the flowers.
Finally I gave it a final heat and then assembled the card.
Problems I encountered were the colours weren't true to the original. The River Rock was fine as the colour was the first one to be put down. The Always Artichoke subtly changed as it has River Rock as it's base but the difference was negligible. the biggest issue I has was originally my final colour was Close to Cocoa but with the other two colour beneath it the colour was very different. I couldn't get it to match any of my card stock so I decided to brayer again with Chocolate Chip in the hope that the dark colour would not be affected by those underneath. This seemed to work quite well.