Sunday, 16 November 2008

Happy Christmas, Mate!

Well believe it or not I have made mine - finally! I actually started them a couple of months back. I just stamped loads of images on watercolour paper and every time I had a moment I coloured them in using markers and an aquapainter. I even took them to the hairdressers with me etc!

Despite going great guns at the start the enthusiasm kind of petered out and nothing was done with the images for weeks until now! Now the cards are very simple, aminly because I was making about 10 f each kind and I really could not be bothered to put any more work in to them, the water colouring took ages so that was my huge effort!

I chose this particular stamp set as most of the cards will be going over to family and friends in the UK (I don't send cards to people I see regularly as I can simply say "Happy Christmas" and save a few trees!). They believe we spend Christmas on the beach, little do they realise how unpredictable the weather here in Tas is and how cold it can be, we even had snow on the mountain on Christmas day a couple of years back! So, any way, I thought these cards would make them laugh as they are so 'Aussie' even down to the sentiment! I particulary love the surfing santa and suspect I will end up making more of those.




Card Recipe..

Stamps: Happy Christmas, Mate!
Card Stock: Basic Gray, Real Red
Inks: Selection of markers
Accessories : nestabilities (non Stampin' Up! product), water colour paper, dimensionals, white signo gel pen, 1/4" red grosgrain



Card Recipe..

Stamps: Happy Christmas, Mate!
Card Stock: Old Olive, Real Red
Inks: Selection of markers
Accessories : Nestabilities (non Stampin' Up! product), water colour paper, dimensionals, Dashing DSP




Card Recipe..

Stamps: Happy Christmas, Mate!
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Old Olive & More Mustard
Inks: Selection of markers
Accessories : nestabilities (non Stampin' Up! product), water colour paper, dimensionals, 1/4" Always Artichoke grosgrain, Double Rectangle punch, Round Tab punch



Card Recipe..

Stamps: Happy Christmas, Mate!
Card Stock: Old Olive, Real Red
Inks: Selection of markers
Accessories : Nestabilities (non Stampin' Up! product), water colour paper, dimensionals, Dashing DSP, 1/4" Always Artichoke Grosgrain



Card Recipe..

Stamps: Happy Christmas, Mate!
Card Stock: Bashful Blue, Real Red
Inks: Selection of markers
Accessories : Nestabilities (non Stampin' Up! product), water colour paper, dimensionals, Summer Picnic DSP (Spring Mini)

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

THose are fantastic Christmas cards. Since we don't have that set here I had never seen it before. You did a fantastic job with the coloring!!!

Lynda Moss said...

Thank you Lorraine! I have enjoyed making them. I am sitting down right now writing them -it really shouldn;t be a chore but I always find it is, the fun bit was making them....lol

Lynda x

ps I just love the little angels on your website, I mayneed to buy that stamp set now!