Friday, 10 October 2008

Copic markers...

I have seen a lot of cards on the web that have used Copic markers to colour the images. I have always loved the very intense colours they give but having seen a few tutorials and visited some excellent sites I have felt totally overwhelmed by how to achieve all the amazing effects you can with them (some people are so talented!) but despite that I decided to have a go - ironically my mum asked for a tutorial from me on them so I was teaching how to use them the first time I had really played with them myself - and no. I am no expert!

These are not Stampin' Up! products but I chose colours I thought would work well with SU! card stock. You can most definitely get a similar effect with Stamp'n'write markers but you would need to use watercolour paper and either an aqua painter or a blender pen to blend the colours.

So this was my attempt, I am happy enough with it, my mum wants this car to take back to the UK with her so I guess as it is my youngest sons 4th birthday next week I shall have to try and recreate it!



Card Recipe..


Stamps: Boatlaods of Love
Card Stock: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Brilliant Blue
Inks: Black Stazon
Accessories: Real Red eyelets, hemp twine, white signo pen, copic markers, nestabilities

No comments: