Monday, 20 October 2008

All Aboriginal

The other day whilst browsing I came across the SCS challenges for last week. One was to make 4 small card from one sheet of A4 which either had to be thank you cards or place setting names. No ribbons, brads etc were allowed. The colour challenge was The colours were Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie and More Mustard plus Very Vanilla.

There were a lot of things to think about! Now the challenges are set primarily by Americans so the cards were because Thanks Giving is just around the corner and the colours were because they are about to come in to autumn. Now we are coming in to spring and don't have Thanks Giving here so I decided the colours suited something we do have here, beautiful Aboriginal art.

This is what I came up with

I came a little stuck as the All Aboriginal stamp set has just 3 images so the fourth card is not overly exciting - I apologise for that.

All the images were stamped in Basic Brown and left to dry and then coloured in using an Earth Elements water colour crayons with an aquapainter. If you click on the picture you will see it on a larger scale and it will be clearer.

I actually preferred the cards before I added the sentiments and if I was making them again I would not add these, but it was part of the challenge so I had to! Small cards like these are very cute and fun to make.

Card Recipes...

Stamp Sets: All Aborriginal, Much Appreciated, Short and Sweet
Inks: Basic brown
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Very vanilla, Pumkin Pie, More Mustard and Old Olive
Accessories: Earth Element crayons in the above colours plus Summer Sun, Spritzer and Markers, dimensionals, Word Window punch

2 comments:

sharon said...

I just love these cards!! I'm a demo in the US and just found your blog... we don'your work is beautiful, your customers must truly appreciate that they have such a talented teacher and mentor! We don't have this stamp set in our catalog in the US... it sure is cute!

groovyvirgochick said...

You have done a wonderful job with the Aboriginal Stamp set. I am Aboriginal myself and so was thrilled to buy these stamps from stampin up. I Googled to get some ideas on how to make use of them for cards and could not find any apart from yours so great job in making use of them.