Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Stamp Camp projects

You may have noticed that in fact I did not post yesterday as I said I was going to because despite the reinstall on my pooter it still would not let me do what it would not let me do before - have access to all my pictures etc! I had to wait for PC support to come and fix it (that is wait for the husband to get home!)

Anyway it is all dandy now and hopefully it will stay that way.

I just wanted to add a couple of pictures from the Christmas in August stamp camp we had. The first picture is one of Brenda's projects, we made some little crackers that were big enough to hold a couple of little treats (chocolates kindly donated - thanks Susan!)

This was made out of a sheet of A5 cardstock (River Rock) and a 5cm length of toilet roll tube. It was decorated using Peaceful Wishes with Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate ink and clear embossing powder, the ribbon is also Wild Wasabi although it looks like it doesn't match in this picture, I can assure you this was not the case...lol

This next project was made by Kim, using a technique I have previously posted about the class added stamped issues to candles. Kim used the ever faithful Heartfelt Thanks set, Kim is a beginner to stamping is is becoming hooked and also showing a large amount of creative talent. This was the first time she had ever tried double stamping and I think she did very well!

Although the theme was Christmas we decided not to necessarily decorate our candles with Christmas themes, it was more the technique we were trying. For this reason some of the candles don't look very festive, but i think you'll agree they look beautiful!

Now on to some cards. These were the projects the class carried out with Claire. Firstly she demonstrated how to do a quick, simple yet effective card which could be 'mass' produced without too much of a nightmare. These were Suan's cards.


Claire chose to do Glitter Window cards (these are the two smaller ones). I have never tried this technique so I will as soon as I get a chance and tell you all about it! The larger card in the picture was a collage style card which involves a lot more work and would not not something you would feel like making 30 of!

I will post the rest of the pitures on the InkyDivas website.

2 comments:

Tasha Hickert said...

Neat ideas, thanks for sharing. I found your blog through your OSW linked on another blog. I haven't been visiting anyone recently due to family life being super busy. But last night I got tagged so guess what...TAG, you're IT! If you have time please play along, you can find the deets on my blog at http://tashasdesignworld.blogspot.com and they should be posted within the hour.

Lynda Moss said...

Thank you Tasha - I shall have just got started on the tagging...lol