Tuesday, 30 September 2008

Secret Card!

OK, as I said in the previous post I made this card last night for my son's friend's birthday. I saw a tutorial on this fun project and thought it would be great to do for a child, in fact for any age group - I myself have sat down playing with it for ages (although that does not mean much as far as maturity levels go!)

I used the Unfrogettable stamp set as it has so many images in it to fill up all the space,(I am a little worried as I have a feeling this set will be retired when the new catalogue comes out next year, it has been retired in both the US and UK markets!). After making it I suddenly realised I was going to make him a pirate card as he wants a trip on the pirate boat for his birthday - darn it!

So here is the front of the card




I used watercolour wonder crayons to colour in the image after I stamped it with Black Stazon. I find them the best material for getting deep colour on Whisper White card stock without saturating the card and causing it to pil.


The picture above is how the card looks when you first open it (I should have taken the pictures before I wrote inside it!), the 'secret' of this card is that their is a hidden page in it, between the panel with the snail on it and the one with the frog and greeting on it there is another section which is not obvious initially, but if you pull it apart gently then you see the picture below!


It is incredibly simple to do. First I will give you the card 'recipe' and then I shall explain how to make it!

Stamp Set: Unfrogrettable
Card Stock : Real Red, Green Galore, Whisper White
Inks: Black Stazon, Versamark
Accessories: Bold Brights Waterc olour Wonder Crayons, Aqua painter, Real Red Grosgrain, Crystal Effects and a pair of googilie eyes!

No comments: