Saturday, 2 August 2008

A Girly Fix....

Having 3 boys in the house Not including the husband and cat!) I rarely get a chance to be girly. I never used to wear pink as a child or young adult, I was a bit of a Tom Boy, but I think being surrounded by males in my home has meant that I now have the urge to be a little more feminine and now pink is one of my fave colours! Of course the boys best friends are boys too so I rarely get an opportunity to make something for a girl so I decided to make a little card for a friends daughter. She is almost exactly the same age as my youngest son and is very cute. She often makes me little cards as presents and they are so sweet so I decided to make her a card too.

I love Gable Green, it is such a lovely colour and goes beautifully with pink and purples. I recently purchased the set Garden Whimsy as it is quite a fun set that I initially overlooked. I thought it would be perfect for this project.


For the main butterfly on the front I re-stamped it on vellum and just taped the body down so the wings could 'flap' . Of course I used LOTS of glitter, and for her name I stamped with the letters and cut them in to odd shaped quadrangles and embossed over them with clear EP a number of times to make some mini tiles.

The cardstock used was Gable Green and Whisper White and the inks were Basic Black, Lavender Lace, Pretty in Pink, Gable Green and Bashful Blue.

No comments: