Sunday, 17 August 2008

Crafting with the Girls!

Last night I actually had an evening put by for me. I went to a friend's house for a carft evening. She used to run a scrapbook shop in town but when she gave that up sh decided to run a monthly craft night for some of the ladies she made friends with through her shop.

It is lovely to go as you can spend an evening just chatting or you can craft as much as you like. I am always overwhelmed with the fab layouts others achieve. I am not a scrapbooker, that is I have done a few layouts but I struggle. They are all very inspiring in what they do!

I managed to put together 3 cards, I always plan to do more so cart more stuff with me than I need but actually achieve very little!

The first card I did was based on a card my colleague, Claire, created the other day. Basically the technique is trying to make the card resemble the style of a bandanna, hence it is called a Bandanna Card! I have this rather lovely pink bandanna/headscarf which is gorgeous (in fact I have put it on our new dogs a few times!) so I decided to copy that.



I used Pretty in Pink cardstock, with Basic Brown ink for stamping and higlighted areas with a white Signo pen. As I have only just taken the picture and it is evening, the colours haven't come out great. I may try and retake it in the morning.

I used the stamp set One of a Kind from the new Spring Minim, it is a very lovely set! I then added some of the wide satin chocolate chip ribbon from the mini as well.

The next card I designed as I basically wanted to try out the Purely Pomegranate wide satin ribbon I had! Using another great set from the Spring Mini, Always, I stamped the heart one on to PP card stock and again on Whisper White c/s. I sponged PP ink on the heart and then using a blender pen I picked some ink up from the pad and coloured in selected areas of the heart. Then I highlighted areas with the White Signo Gel Pen.


I then cut the heart out within the dotted surround and adhered it to the PP hear with Stampin' Dimensionals. The rest is self explanatory I hope! (I used one of the small flowers from the set and Versamark to make the subtle pattern on the background).

The third and final card was one I cased from a person called Dorothy Cates. I really love the Soft Sky from this years In Colours, it has certainly made saying goodbye to Cool Caribbean easier (I so love that colour too!)! Again I used the Always set and I used the heart from the set and a different stamp from the set to make the versamark background.



To get the difference in shading on the heart I lightly sponged it in Soft Sky getting more intense around the edges and then finally used Blue Bayou to really darken them. Sadly I did not bother to get teh Stampamajig out to place the wording so it is crooked - oh well!

No comments: