Wednesday, 30 July 2008

A sneak preview!

You may well have noticed that I have not updated much on my blog since I got back from the UK. I am still recovering in many ways from a very exhausting trip, having just a week to get ready for the craft show then the actual show then our friend dying and then I was involved in a car accident. it was not the worse accident in the world but I have been haunted about the 'what could have happened' scenario which left me feeling emotional and a little unsettled.

It has been a long running saga over this last week and been very inconvenient and all my crafting days have been taken up with organising transport of some kind or another. Today has been a total right off whilst I spent four hours doing something which should have taken just 30 mins and by the end of it I was actually no further forward than I was to start with, all that happened is the rental car I returned was reissued to me (on a negative note it is still KIA Carnival and didn't magically transform in to a Porsche Cayenne, but to find the positive, it had been detailed!)

I have also had a rotten cold thing for a number of weeks now which has settled in to a lovely dry cough, you know that one that makes you cough unproductively all night, you sound like you are faking it and all in all it is pretty depressing!

One thing which is lovely, albeit very hard work, is we have adopted a beautiful 12 mth old Border Collie. She has the most beautiful nature but is totally undisciplined! I don't blame her previous owner as the dog was brought up to exist in her life and I know how totally devastated she is to have to give her little baby up, it is just that our life is very different and the lovely canine is going to have to relearn some things to fit in. She is so worth it though, a real gorgeous little thing. One of our previous Border Collies, pre-kids, was not suited to family life it appeared and it was totally our fault, we had encouraged behaviour in her we thought was funny but the reality is it just didn't work with kids around and made her dangerous. We had to have her re-homed and it broke my heart.

Anyway I am rambling on, my main aim is to try and be more regular with my posts and believe it or not, I have managed to make a couple of cards this week so i shall share them with you.

This first one is from the new Spring Mini, it is a tri-fold card using some of the Designer Series Paper which will be available, called Summer Picnic, and the stamp is from a really fun set called Tart & Tangy which I just love! The sentiment is from Greetings Galore.



It is a very simple card to make, I think I shall make it at a workshop I am demonstrating at this Sunday. The dimensions of this one were a strip of DSP 28 cm long by 10cm wide. I scored at 9cm and 18cm. When folded this left a 1cm edge sticking out which is a great way of showing that the DSP is double sided and equally lovely on both sides!

Using the slit punch I punched a slit so the first two section of the card can be tucked in to close it and I embellished it with some coordinating ribbon. Using the 1 3/8" circle punch and the scallop punch I punched out a circle from the middle card section and made a frame. It is really very simple to do. there is loads of room to add more sentiments and more embellishments but time was the biggest factor against me!

This second card I 'threw' together late this afternoon between the car nightmare and meeting some friends for dinner. I used colours from this weeks Colour Combination on SCS and also used the sketch from this weeks Sketch Challenge - double bubble then!

I think to say I hate this card may be an exaggeration, but it is close. I actually like the colours together, I like the layout, I am just not happy with it. It may be my mood, what do you think?


The colours are Groovy Guava , Sahara Sand and Whisper White. When the new In Colours came out , Claire, one of my colleagues called it Gruesome Guava and to be honest I thought so too but I have made efforts to use it and it is becoming less and less gruesome as time goes on! In fact I may go as far as to say I actually quite like it! -there I have said it now - Claire, what do you think 3 months on?

Right, as much as I would like to sit and play, I need to give our little canine friend some love and attention so I shall try and post tomorrow with a card I am making a lovely little 3 year old girl who makes me the most gorgeous cards (I have known her for over a year now, I see her a few times a week, her mum and I are great friends, she really likes me but has yet to speak a word to me....lol!)

No comments: