The beauty of a strip card is you can make many of them in no time at all and the boredom factor doesn't have a chance to be an issue (as is often the case when you are making more than one of a card).
With this card I used Petal Prints to stamp an A4 sheet of Whisper White and then I simply cut a strip off of it, layered it and adhered it to a base card, hey presto a very quick and simple card to make and I ahve enough patterened card to make quite a lot more!
If you are making a lot of one type of card you may find a production line sustem works. To work one card from start to finsh and then repeat is a labourious task. I personally find it is more efficient to work on one aspect of the card at a time and then build them all.
For example, in the little note cards above there is actually quite a lot of steps involved. I was making 20 of them so decided to break it down in stages. In fact my mum was around so I delegated stages to her. Quite often I use my two older boys, especially when Christmas comes round!
These were the stages I used. I stack up the different stages and then build from them.
- Decorate some whisper white c/s with your stamps and inks in Colours 1 & 2
- Stamp the circle of friendship in Colour 1 on whisper white c/s 20 times
- Punch these out with a circle punch. (make a pile!)
- Punch out the next circle layer (colour 1) with the next sized up circle punch 20 times (make a pile!)
- Punch out the next circle layer (colour 2) with teh bext sized up circle punch 20 times (make a pile!)
- Punch 40 scallops in Colour 1 (make a pile!)
- Assemble all these pieces with a giant paper clip 20 times
- Using 5 sheets of A4 c/s in Colour 2, make 20 little note cards (A7 sized) (make a pile!)
- Cut 20 pieces of c/s in colour 1 to teh dimensions of 6.9cm x 10cm (make a pile!)
- Cut 20 pieces of c/s in colour 2 to 6.4cm x 9.5cm (make a pile!)
- sing your decorated card stock, 20 5.9cm x 9cm pieces (make a pile!)
- Fully adhere the white c/s to the Colour 2 card stock and punch out a section on the top third with the word widow punch.
- Adhere this assembly to the Colour 1 c/s but only round the edges.
- Fully adhere this assembly to the note card base in Colour 2.
- Finally slip your paper clip book mark in to the window you punched out.