Monday, 14 April 2008

My One Sheet Wonder...

Well I have been meaning to do this for as long as I can remember so last night I had a go and at 1am I finished! Not a good idea to be this tired at the start of the week!

I assumed a OSW was using a 12x12 sheet but on further investigation it looked like most templates out there are using an A4 sheet which was a bit of an annoyance as I had already decorated my 12x12! So my efforts evolved as time passed and I will have to do a retrospective template for this - so bear/bare (never know which one it is!) with me!

Anyway, I started with a Whisper White 12x12 sheet and randomly stamped it with Bud Basics, using Basic brown, River Rock, Pale Plum and Soft Sky inks.

When I do this next time I shall make sure I actually have a denser covering of the design as once it gets split up in to smaller pieces you get some pieces that really don't have much pattern on then so I found myself adding more stamping to a few of the pieces as I assembled the cards.

Not really knowing how to cut the sheet up I did it this way.


On the whole I used it pretty much as is but I did chop a few pieces down a little more. I shall really have to work out a template that I can easily repeat.

Added:

I have just sat and worked out a proper template, it is not perfect but it is good enough!




I have added the measurements (in metric) and numbered them and these correspond to the numbers of the cards in the slideshow below. There are a few little bits that are not numbered, which I did not use but obviously with a bit of creativity you could easily make another card from those, I was kind of over it at the time!

Now out of this template and 2 pieces each of A4 Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Pale Plum and River Rock I made 14 separate cards

Other stamp sets I have used include, Fine Lace, Sincere Salutations, Short & Sweet The punches I have used are large and small oval, circles 1 3/8" & 1 1/4", the scallop , the Word Window, Spring Flower Bouquet, and Horizontal Slot. Other accessories include vintage brads and Chocolate Chip ribbon.

Click on the picture below to see a slideshow of all 14 cards.



Please note that I have worked many hours on this and I appreciate that when placing things for the public to see on the internet people are bound to copy, that is fine, I' m happy for people to use this template, that is why I have posted it.

However, if you do copy this template and post it on your website or publish it anyway please do not pass it off as your own work and if possible please link back to my site.

If you are using it at a workshop feel free to say you designed it, we can't have your guests thinking you are anything other than fantastic!!

thank you.

8 comments:

KayellWY said...

Lynda,

I appreciate the time and creative thought that goes into an OSW, having done it myself. Thank you for so generously sharing with the world. :)

Karen

Lynda Moss said...

It's a pleasure Karen. I often use the fruits of other peoples' hard work so it is only fair to share mine!

I have to admit that I didn't realise at first how much work went in to them - but I feel pleased I have done it now, I just won't be doing another one in the short term....lol

Smriti said...

This is awesome! TFS!

Bridgett said...

I am so excited that you are using a 12x12 sheet! I always had to cut my 12x12 sheets down before to use the other templates! This makes my life so much easier! Thank you! You are so kind to share! I will definitely give you FULL credit when I share my cards on my blog soon! Thanks, again!
Hugs,
Bridgett

Lynda Moss said...

Hi Bridgett,

I am glad you are happy about the 12x12. For some reason I had it in my head all OSW templates were which is why I decorated a 12x12 sheet and why I then had to design my own template!

I am such a dizzy blond!

Lynda x

naush said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us. very creative.
Naush

naush said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us. Very creative.
Naush

naush said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Naush