Sunday, 13 April 2008

My Efforts....

Being at my friends last night is definitely more of a social event than an actual card making event. Sometimes there are jsut a couple of us, sometimes there are 10 of us there and some stitch, some scrap book, some card make and some read craft magazines etc.

There were only four of us last night s it was a quiet little group but I still never produce too much as I am too busy chatting!

However I did manage to put together 3 cards, one of which is a total CASE of one I saw on another site. I will show you this one first.

On the card I cased I am not sure what the background stamp was but I chose the Paisley Background stamp, I stamped on to Whisper White card using River Rock ink. The rest of the stamps come from the Baroque Motifs stamp set, this is one of the rather yummy new ones we have in the new Aussie Catalogue,

The next card is again using the Baroque Motifs set, I chose to use two of the new colours, one is the new In Colour, Groovy Guava and the other is the new neutral colour, Basic Gray. I teamed these two up with Very Vanilla.

I chose Groovy Guava as I wasn't really sure if I like the colour that much but actually once I have used it I do like it. I think perhaps with the way I work and the colours I like it is more of an accent colour rather than a main colour, but that is fine! I am quite pleased with this card.

The final card is using another new stamp set, Bud Basics and two of the new In Colours, River Rock and Soft Sky. It is a great stamp set as it is great for two step stamping and each stamp works well on it's own.

It is a very simple card, very clean and very easy to make but quite pretty. I think I shall use this to make a One Sheet Wonder - watch this space!!

Well I am off sailing now, it will be the first time my husband and my youngest have come with me, I hope they enjoy it!

No comments: