Thursday, 17 April 2008

Mothers' Day card swap...

Now this is very late, this card was meant to have been completed and swapped two weeks ago but I have been very slack. Even now I have had to rush it a bit to get it done. it is so hard to find time between swimming lessons, gymnastics, school pick up, parent help etc!

I based this card on one by Laura from Scrapnextras (she is sooo talented!). Mine is not even remotely as good as hers and I have to say I am a little embarrassed about the painting as it is very slap dash compared with how I usually work. I was trying so hard to get them done and in the post before I got the boys from school but even then I failed!

I figure that at the end of the day these cards are not being given to anyone for an occasion, they are merely an example of what can be done so hopefully they will be OK! Sorry to Claire, Nicki & Mae if they are not good enough!

I have used the In Colours with this card, the card stock is Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava and Whisper White and the inks are much the same with the addition of River Rock. I used the Basics Outline jumbo wheel for the main image, this works perfectly on it's own and compliments the Bud Basics Stamp set perfectly too.

This technique is called Spotlighting by the way!

No comments: