Tuesday, 22 April 2008

Look What I Did!

I never had much of a Designer Series Paper (DSP) collection from the last SU! catalogue but I did have three, one was Recollections which is a floral one and I have used a lot of that, one was the Christmas one which came out in a mini and I used most of that and the other was Pool Party which due to an order mix-up I only got a few weeks before it was retired so never really got to use it much in projects for demonstrations and as I don't scrapbook much I don't use it either.

So to make more space in my scrapbook tote bag I decided to use it to cover the wooden IKEA drawers on my desk. I only just had a enough paper to do it all but it was amazing what a transformation could be made in just a couple of hours. I haven't labelled them all (or in fact any!) yet. The drawers are in different places (I covered them but had to rearrange them as I didn't want all the light and dark together, I wanted to mix stripes and spots - you know how it is!!!) I have no idea where anything is but I am really pleased with how they came out.

Here it is in it's totality.

Here are a couple of close ups.

To get the paper to fit across the width of the drawer I had to use the paper on the diagonal and I didn't notice that on the bottom right drawer in the picture above you can see that my circle one was not lined up straight. I was soooo cross at this oversight but didn't have enough paper to rectify it, well I have one sheet left but it is the wrong design! I shall see how it goes, but already it is driving me nuts...perhaps I just need to make some BIG labels for the drawers!

So I know you are all sitting their a gasp at how clean and tidy my workspace is..."gee she must be such an efficient worker" I can hear you say. Well this next picture will put pay to that idea as here is the mess that was on my desk that I put on the floor so I could take a nice picture!

No comments: