Wednesday, 30 April 2008

Having fun with new techniques...

It is a nice feeling when all your homework is done, well most of it!

I have the Stamp-a-Stack bits ready, I have carried out a lot of preparation for the craft fair in June and now I want to play!

Claire, my esteemed colleague, has recently started her blog and just to show us all up she wow'd us with a tutorial! It is fab, called The Fossil Stone Technique. I won't bore you with the details when you can see for yourself here. Anyway, ever since I saw it I have wanted to try and now I have and it's great! It is also worth looking at Claire's blog as she has used the chef in a really ingenious way, it's really fun!)

I used Wild Wasabi and Blue Bayou inks, both part of this years In Colour range. the photo does not show up both colours for some reason, but trust me the great background does have both colours in it!


I stamped the fish from Fishy Friends but wanted them to stand out just a little more, so using an aqua painter and ink from the pads I subtly coloured the fish in so they looked a little more 'solid'. I then layered, lots of layers, (very unlike me, usually I am too stingy!!). I made the bubbly background on the Wild Wasabi and Blue Bayou layers using the set Seeing Spots and stamping with ink the same colour as the card.

Sitting here looking at the original and then looking at the picture it really does not do it justice. perhaps I'll take another picture in daylight.

1 comment:

Mae Collins said...

Lynda, love what you have done with the Fishy Friends stamp set and the technique that Claire showed in her blog - I haven't had time yet to try it!

Love the colour combination and layering!

Mae