Thursday, 10 April 2008

Bubbles...

well OK, they are not really but they make me think of them!

There was a challenge on a SCS this week to make a card using a technique where you get some copy paper, punch out some shapes, lay it on your cardstock and with a SU! wheel you wheel over it then you can either outline the shapes with a pen or you can sponge it (as I did).

It is such a fantastically easy idea and very effective.

Here is my attempt


I used my fave colour of the moment. Always Artichoke and teamed it up with Very Vanilla. The wheel I used was Leaves a la Carte and the sentiment is from Carte Postale. The ribbon is me using up my organdy ribbon which has now been retired (cue sad face) but has been replaced with beautiful taffeta ribbon (cue smiley face!) The card took only minutes to make so it is a really easy one to make when you are on a tight schedule - as I so often am!

I would like to add here that I did not have a jumbo cartridge to use with my wheel and handle so I just rolled my wheel over a classic stampin' pad. This works absolutely fine on smaller projects as you don't get the ink running out before the end. It does not work so well on a 12x12 sheet as the ink fades and you can't stop and re-ink as you get an obvious join line. A top tip there is that you just arrange to put a picture or other embellishment at the join point and no one will ever know!

5 comments:

Ann Wills said...

Hi Lynda, what a great idea, it looks so effective, hope you don't mind if I borrow the idea, it seems so simple and would make a terrific demonstration.

Lynda Moss said...

Of course you can use it, it is not as if the original idea was mine in the first place...lol!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful and elegant card! You did a fabulous job with the technique!

Lynda Moss said...

Thank you Laura, that means a lot when it comes from you who actually 'invented' the technique in the first place! Thanks for the fab tutorial!

Julie said...

That is a fantastic technique. Nice color and wheel choice.

Will be showing this technique to some customers soon - ties in nicely with the wheel promo we have in the US right now.

Julie