Sunday, 16 March 2008

Stamp Club...

Last night I held a Stamp Club, each person that comes pays just $10, I teach them a new technique, or have a theme and help them to make 2 cards (and we have a good old natter!) It is great as it gives the attendees the chance to 'play' with all sorts of stamp sets and accessories without having to buy anything and walk away with two cards which they can use however and whenever they want - great value for money!

Well last night we attempted a technique called Faux Silk, it basically uses tissue paper to make a silk like effect on the card stock. It came up really well and I was very pleased with everyone's results, I think they were proud of themselves too!

These are the cards I made and they copied them with any alterations they felt like making!

This first card is using the leaf stamps from the Lovely as a Tree set (such an amazingly versatile set!), the colour combination is Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red and Very Vanilla. The holes were pierced to show how adding a few holes here and there can lift a card, I then turned them in to faux stitching, again to merely show the ladies how to do it! The card kind of evolved as we went along!


The second card was used using one of my most favourite sets, In Full Bloom. I am not even close to recovering from the shock of this set being retired, it really is one of THE best sets in the catalogue, it can be used so many different ways and suit so many different occasions, I am so sad!

No comments: